Unwrapping the First Customer Bugatti Chiron in the U.S.
It's like opening Christmas presents, but better.
The Bugatti Chiron is the latest high-speed hyper car from France, complete with a ridiculous price tag and even more ridiculous performance numbers. If you've been living under a rock for the past year, here's the deal: a check for about $3 million will get you 1 of 500 Chirons with 1,500 horsepower and the ability to hit 260 miles per hour at the flex of a toe. With the first purchased Chiron in America being put on display at Monterey next week, we're now getting a look at its first arrival here in the States.
The owner of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse "Hellbug" took delivery of his Chiron on Wednesday, and super car spotter James a.k.a. TheStradman was there to see it. Famous for his Lamborghini Centenarioe video, James was clearly excited to witness the first customer Chiron in the states, even if the actual owner couldn't be there to see it. In the video, we'r treated to the delicate process of unloading and unwrapping the car and even hearing that glorious exhaust note. James also takes us on a tour of the cabin, complete with a peek inside the Bugatti crate that houses Chiron-exclusive accessories like the "speed key".
This particular Chiron is finished in a custom black and yellow paint scheme designated "Hellbee," so it's obvious that the owner wants this to be the successor to his Veyron "Hellbug". James promises that the owner will actively drive his Chiron, so this is one of the few lucky seven-figure hyper cars to avoid the garage queen fate.
The La Jolla dealership this takes place it is also home to the Bugatti press vehicle, a well-driven Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse that will most likely appear at Monterey Car Week. There's a very good chance that the "Hellbee" will be on display there, too.
- RELATEDAudi R8 V10 Plus Spyder to Make a Public Appearance During Monterey Car WeekThe stunning roadster will sit alongside Audi's greatest race cars at the California event.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1,479-Horsepower Bugatti Chiron's Dismal Fuel Economy Figures Released By The EPATurns out, all that power and record-beating top speeds call for quite a bit of time at the pumps.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1,479-HP Bugatti Chiron Could Hit 280 MPH… If the Tires Can Keep UpThe question becomes—is 300 mph on the horizon?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Chris Harris Wax Poetic About the Bugatti ChironDo you really need an excuse to press play?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Bugatti Chiron Do 200 MPH In 16 SecondsIt will hit 200 before some sports cars can even do a standing quarter mile.READ NOW