Fox News Host Judge Jeanine Pirro Charged With Driving 119 MPH in New York
You'd think she'd know the law.
Jeanine Pirro may not be a sitting judge anymore, but the Fox News host could be making a real-life courtroom appearance in the near future after she was handed a hefty speeding ticket for driving 119 mph in a 65 mph zone, according to the New York Daily News.
A State Police trooper spotted the erstwhile judge flying down Route 17 at triple-digit speeds in the small town of Nichols in western New York on Sunday afternoon and pulled her over, issuing a ticket for "excessive speeding." A police spokesman didn't disclose the fine, though according to the state's speeding laws, going more than 41 mph over the posted limit in New York can cost you up to $600 and 11 points on your license—which, not coincidentally, is enough to get your license suspended as well.
The spokesman also didn't disclose what kind of car Pirro was driving, but considering she's been hosting Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox News Channel since 2011 and has a reported net worth of at least $5 million, you can bet it wasn't a beater. A quick trip to Google Street View shows that given her speed, Pirro was probably nabbed on this half-mile straight that opens up after a long, sweeping right-hander.
We can empathize with her desire to really open it up there, but as she no doubt knows from her time as both a county judge and the District Attorney for Westchester County, rules are rules.
"I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn’t realize how fast I was driving. I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences," she acknowledged in a statement to the Daily News.
Pirro has until January 8th to contest the charge or pay the fine, though given that she just admitted to zoning out behind the wheel at triple digit speeds, it's safe to say she'll be doing the latter.
- RELATEDSpeeding Kills As Many Americans as Drunk Driving, Feds SayA new NTSB study linked speeding to 113,000 passenger vehicle fatalities over a 10-year span.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Speeding BMW Driver Have Himself a Nice Little Highway CrashInstant karma's gonna get you.READ NOW
- RELATEDWoman Takes $75 Speeding Ticket All the Way to Iowa Supreme CourtHer lawyer claims using a private company to monitor speed cameras violates the constitutional rights of drivers.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Speeding SUV Lose Control and Flip While Towing a CamperTrailer sway strikes again.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormer F1 Racer Loses Driver's License Over SpeedingSusie Wolff was nabbed doing 35 mph in a 30 mph zone.READ NOW