Nothing but…Sunroof? Watch Steph Curry Sink a Shot Into An Infiniti Q50
No net? No problem.
Last month, shortly after the Golden State Warriors dispatched the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, Infiniti announced that they'd be partnering with three-point assassin Steph Curry to help launch the new Infiniti Q50 sports sedan this fall. Now it's clear what form that help will take - to start, a pretty sweet trick shot.
Curry posted a video to his various social media accounts on Thursday showing the two-time NBA MVP and four-time All Star sizing up a shot while filming a new commercial for the brand. It's ultimate destination is unclear, but as he rises up and releases, the camera follows the arc of a ball and reveals its intended target: the open sunroof of an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400.
As the ball disappears into the sedan without hitting either side of the opening, the assembled crew goes nuts and celebrates. It may not be the distance of one of his signature long-range shorts, but the sunroof is definitely a bit narrower than the standard width of a basketball rim (about 18 inches) from front to back. If LeBron James is still looking for some payback, we think a battle of vehicle-related trick shots would fit the bill nicely.
The Infiniti Q50 should hit dealer lots by the fall. The range-topping Red Sport 400 model featured here promises a 400-horsepower, 3.0-liter, twin-turbo VR30 V6, along with the debut of Infiniti's ProPILOT semi-autonomous setup.
- RELATEDNBA Star Stephen Curry Crushes It on Asphalt, TooGolden State Warriors phenom dominates the hardwood, rules the roads.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Infiniti Q50 Production Begins in JapanThe first 2018 Infiniti Q50 sedans roll off the production line in Tochigi, with sales in the United States beginning this summer.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Infiniti Q50 Bows at GenevaThe company's best seller gets some attention at the world's largest auto show.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 Is a Twin-Turbo Open Road RocketFar happier on the highway than on the B-roads.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 Takes Aim at BMW M3The GT-R-powered Eau Rouge isn’t going to production. Here’s your 400-horsepower consolation prize.READ NOW