This 1993 Porsche Turbo S 'Leichtbau' Has a Wonderfully 90s Interior
The one-of-86 models ever produced could fetch up to $737,000.
With the low production number of just 86 units built, the 964-era Porsche Turbo S 'Leichtbau' is one of the rarest cars to ever come from Zuffenhausen. Not only that, but this particular Leichtbau's interior is a time capsule from the nineties. With its tricolored assortment of pastel pinks and purples that cloak the Leichtbau's seats, steering wheel, and door handles, nothing—save for perhaps Zack Morris—conveys nineties-styling more than this. Porsche calls the color scheme "Triple-Tone" in Rubystone, which is made up of pink, cherry, and lilac colors.
"Leichtbau," which translates to "light construction," referred to a special series of 964 Turbo S models that were made by Porsche Exclusive. In order to shed an impressive 397 pounds over the standard Turbo S, Porsche omitted air conditioning, sound deadening, and power steering, and added aluminum doors and a kevlar hood. This particular model, however, does have air conditioning.
Power comes a 3.3-liter single-turbocharged flat-six that produces 376 hp, which is sent through Porsche's coveted G50 five-speed transmission. All 376 ponies are sent exclusively to the rear wheels—Turbos only became all-wheel drive with the 993-generation Porsches. Mileage is also relatively low with around just 42,000 on the clock (just under 69,000km) and its gloss black paint is reported to be in good condition.
Some cars transport you from one place to another—others transport you in time. This is the latter. The nineties are calling.
- RELATEDPorsche's 911R Proves That People Want Manual Transmissions, So Why Limited Quantities?"This isn't about lap times. This is about joy and experience. And oh my god, what an experience!" - Alex GoyREAD NOW
- RELATEDJeff Zwart To Race A Porsche 964 In NORRA Mexican 1000 Off Road RaceThe Pikes Peak hillclimb winner will be teaming with Cameron Healey and Rothsport Racing for the effort.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Supercharged Koenig-tuned Porsche 964 Could Be King Of Your GarageIt doesn't get more 1990s German Tuning than this rad machine, on eBay now for just over a hundred grandREAD NOW
- RELATEDFrench Automotive Artist Builds A Hot Rod Porsche 964, Is It Really That Bad?We find a few things to appreciate in an otherwise widely disliked custom PorscheREAD NOW
- RELATEDRare 964 Carrera 4 Lightweight Gets A Careful DetailingWith only 22 of these race cars built, this is a special Porsche. Taking care of the paint is a very important part of the detailing process.READ NOW