2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus Will Have Laser Headlights Standard
Available as an option on poverty-spec V10 non-Plus models.
Ask any non-car person what they think of Audis, and "cool headlights" is the likely response. Ever since the original R8 first launched, all Audis have had their own LED light signature—a design trend that's been copied by pretty much every other manufacturer over the years. Now, Audi is stepping up its headlight game once more with the 2018 R8 V10 Plus by offering laser headlights, a feature previously only available on 25 examples of the 2017 R8 V10 plus Exclusive, as standard equipment. According to Audi, laser lights can be identified by their "blue light signature," and they "greatly enhances visibility for the driver by projecting a low and wide beam of light on the road ahead" in addition to looking super cool.
While the fancy laser lights will come standard on Plus models, they'll be available as an option on the lesser non-plus variant of Audi's supercar. The Audi R8 V10 plus will start at $194,400, while the cheapskate version will cost $164,900. Both will be available this summer.
Also new for 2018 is an available "black optic package" that includes high gloss Anthracite 10-spoke 20-inch wheels, blacked out exhaust tips, side blades, and exterior trim, so buyers can live out their Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne fantasies simultaneously.
- RELATEDUS-Bound Audi R8s Are Finally Getting Laser HeadlightsBut you still probably won't see one.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi R8 Is the True Everyday SupercarClark Kent on the commute, superhero in flight.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Audi R8 Could Be Killed Off, Thanks to DieselgateAlong with one of Audi’s most popular car platforms.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a $200,000 Audi R8 V10 Plus Get Pulled Out of a RiverEven Quattro all-wheel-drive couldn't get this German driver out of this mess.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Porsche 911, Audi R8 Could Share a Lot More TechnologyPorsche and Audi parent company Volkswagen A.G. is taking platform sharing to the next level for its future sports cars.READ NOW