Dodge Debuts the AWD Challenger GT and AAA Does a Shocking Study on Tired Driving: The Evening Rush
Plus, Nest's camera will keep your family safe this holiday season.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Holy Moley, according to the Chevrolet Bolt owner's manual, the compact electric vehicle’s range coukld drastically depreciate over eight years. Apparently, the range can drop to as low as 142 miles from its original 238 miles. This is not unique to just the Bolt, though; apparently Tesla and the Nissan Leaf have the same issue.
The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT AWD has debuted, just in time for snow. The snow-ready coupe comes equipped with a 3.6-liter V6 with 305 horsepower and 268 lb.-ft. of torque. That is plenty of power to have a blast in the snow and keep you rolling all year round. Expect sales to begin in January.
Driving is inherently a dangerous activity but that danger is drastically enhanced with the operator is tired. AAA recommends drivers get at least seven hours of sleep before driving a vehicle, and went on to say that drivers who've had four hours of sleep are 4.3 times more likely to get into an accident.
Want to be a DJ and spin sweet tracks at you next house party? If the answer is yes, I will most likely not be in attendance, but I have the table for you. The Hoerboard Com.Four is a two-table platform that allows for easy DJ use and for operators to store approximately 350 records underneath.
Installing a home camera system can be expensive and complicated, but Nest has done a fantastic job of providing an affordable ($199) solution for customers. Capable of recording at 1080p 24/7, the Nest camera can be easily paired with your phone to allow users to keep a close eye on their home at all times.
If you are looking to get a gift for one of your friends or family members, you might want to check Gearmoose’s list of “25 Best Movies For Men.” With everything from Anchorman to Reservoir Dogs, you are bound to find something they will like.
A cozy pair of slippers can quickly earn the spot of man’s best friend if the right pair are purchased. Luckily, Rancourt & Co. are seasoned veterans in making high-quality leather footwear and their slippers definitely make the cut. Head on over to www.rancourtandcompany.com to get a pair of their Bison Slippers, currently on sale.
- RELATEDTrump’s Air Force One Twitter Rant Was Anything But RandomThe Air Force One replacement program is perfect political red herring for the new administration—and the president elect has a long history of owning lavish old aircraft.READ NOW
- RELATEDClimb Inside This Ferrari FXX K Doing 200 MPH at DaytonaYou may never own a $2 million Ferrari...but you can see what it's like to ride along inside one.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Recalling 7,000 Overheating Charging AdaptersThis marks the first recall of a Tesla accessory.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving Sleepy Incredibly Dangerous, New AAA Report FindsStart skipping hours of sleep and your chances of a crash go up dramatically.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Totally New Toyota 86 Should Be Here by 2019The Japanese automaker's sports car future looks promising.READ NOW