Mercedes Slashes Prices on the E300 and Jeep Makes a Mini Grand Cherokee: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect Father's Day gift and sunglasses you can afford.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Jeep is making a crossover to replace the homely Compass and Patriot. Although the new CUV is still heavily camouflaged, spy shots indicate that it will closely resemble a “baby Grand Cherokee.”
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz E300 takes a nice little price cut to start at $53,075. The new Mercedes will still have a luxurious interior modeled after the S-Class and a 2.0L 4-cylinder pumping out 241hp and 273 pound-feet of torque.
Volkswagen just announced that they plan on bringing 30 new EVs to market by 2025 with an intent to sell two to three million of the emissions-free vehicles per year by then. Volkswagen's diesel business is, it seems, has been displaced.
Bocce is awesome, Shinola is awesome, so a Shinola bocce set is next level lawn game kit. Dads love fun and the outdoors—why not make it a gift?
Sunglasses can be ridiculously expensive and all of them inevitably end up in fragments on the floor some Saturday afternoon. Try a pair of these sturdy tortoise shell polarized sunglasses by Knockaround and live life worry free.
Today’s beer pick takes us to 42 North Brewing Company in East Aurora, New York. Using a 20-barrel brew system, this small brewery prides themselves on making quality pints for the community to enjoy.
Vineyard Vines makes performance, moisture-wicking, breathable button downs to vanquish back sweat before it even begins. Invest in an America's Cup Gingham Classic Murray Shirt and stay dry while you sail—providing you don't turtle it.
- RELATED14 Interesting Things From Jay Leno’s Garage Season 2 PremiereGet ready for a slew of supercars.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow a Small-Town Girl Ended Up in the Cockpit of an A-10 WarthogAnd in her spare time she rides horses.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is What 240 MPH Feels LikeIs Derek Bell's 1983 Le Mans lap in the Rothmans Porsche 956 the most visceral ride ever?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Land Rover's Smallest SUV Pull a 100-Ton TrainDoes this finally mean the Discovery Sport can sit at the big kids' table?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Ferrari LaFerrari-Vs-KTM SuperDuke Tug-of-War Is One Minute of GreatnessShort, sweet, and full of burning rubber.READ NOW