Nebraska Driver Paints Registration Sticker on License Plate, Cops Have None of It
Kudos on the artwork, but sucks about the ticket.
We get it, car ownership can be expensive and time-consuming. On top of car payments and gas, drivers must budget for insurance, parking, regular maintenance, and unexpected repairs. Another expense people typically forget to budget for comes courtesy of Uncle Sam: vehicle registration. One Nebraska driver, however, took matters into his own literal hands by hand-painting his own registration sticker instead of ponying up for a proper tag.
According to Fox News, a Nebraska State Trooper pulled over the unidentified driver on Interstate 80 on Monday when he spotted the DIY "stickers." The not-so-bad artwork indicated that the plates were good until May 2020. As Nebraska State Patrol wisely pointed out on Facebook: "Art is great and no doubt it takes talent. However, that talent does not amount to actually having valid vehicle registration."
It wasn't specified if the work was done in-house by the driver or outsourced to a morally questionable artist. And while the painted-on stickers may look legit from a distance, they're rather sloppy up-close. In any case, the driver was slapped with a ticket for driving with fake plates as well as not having a valid motor vehicle registration.
In related motoring MacGyver news, a Colorado trucker was recently caught with a bottle of red Gatorade duct-taped to the back of his truck in lieu of a working taillight. Before that, police in Australia pulled a Holden over and found a garden-variety leaf blower under the hood. That car's owner said it was installed in the pursuit of "improving engine performance."
- RELATEDCrafty Truck Driver Escapes Ticket After Using Red Drink Bottle to Fix Broken TaillightIt's safe to say that even the police officer was impressed with the Colorado truck driver's MacGyver skills.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Comes Home to Random Tesla Model 3 Charging in His Yard, Stealing ElectricityThe electric vehicle was supposedly parked there overnight, charging for 12 hours while the owner visited a nearby friend's house.READ NOW
- RELATEDAussie Driver Busted With Bald Tires, Leaf Blower Under Hood to Boost PerformanceDon't mess with methamphetamine, kids.READ NOW
- RELATEDIt’s So Hot in Nebraska Right Now, You Can Bake Biscuits In a Parked CarYou can imagine what would happen to a stranded child or pet in this kind of heat.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndiana Unveils New Driver's License With Indy 500 Racing Car ImageIt appears anyone can just walk in and get a racing license in Indiana now.READ NOW