The One-Off BMW M3 30 Years Heritage Edition Is for Sale in LA
BMW built one special M3 to celebrate the car's 30th anniversary in the U.S. and you can buy it for $130,000.
The BMW M3 is a common sight in large cities nowadays, especially in a place like Los Angeles. Making a Beemer stand out is difficult, but you can now own one of the rarest M3s of them all, because Century West BMW in Los Angeles currently has the only M3 30 Years Heritage Edition ever built for sale.
This special one-of-a-kind M3 debuted at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last November and was made to celebrate the M3's 30th anniversary in the United States. BMW started with a 2018 M3 equipped with the performance-enhancing Competition Package, and added a plethora of new performance parts and exclusive colors.
BMW fitted the M3 30 Years Heritage Edition with a handful of aerodynamic and suspension upgrades that came to the new M5, as well as a specially-tuned M Performance exhaust and carbon fiber rear wing only made for this car. In addition, this vehicle features a six-speed manual transmission and almost every luxury option and package BMW offers on the M3.
The car is finished in a special Frozen Red II Metallic exterior paint with custom gold alloy wheels, meant to recall the classic colors of the E30 M3. The main attraction however is the cockpit with red, white, and blue Merino leather covering the seats, with American flags and a "30th" logo embroidered into the headrests. You'd think the most patriotic car you could buy here would be something American, V-8-powered, and muscular but it's actually a six-cylinder sports sedan made in Nürburg, Germany.
Performance and rarity comes at a price, and the M3 30 Years Heritage Edition costs a pretty penny. The dealership is offering the car for $130,110, only $1,475 more than it sold for at SEMA. Is this special M3 worth more than a new M6 Gran Coupe?
- RELATEDThe BMW M4 Convertible 30 Jahre Edition Is an Homage to the Original M3Only 300 of these limited edition drop-top M4s will be made, and all of them will get the Competition Package.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 Competition's Specs Have Allegedly LeakedIn material reportedly removed from BMW's websites, performance benchmarks for the company's compact sport coupe were announced.READ NOW
- RELATEDDyno Test Shows the 2018 BMW M5 Is Way More Powerful Than AdvertisedAn independent test shows BMW's super sedan might be flirting with 700 horsepower.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M8 Gran Coupe Concept Debuts at 2018 Geneva Motor ShowBMW's Flagship 8 Series portfolio adds a new four-door coupe to the already announced coupe and convertible variants.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 2,000 Mile E46 BMW M3 Could Be Yours for the Right PriceDoes this car belong in a museum or in your driveway?READ NOW