There's a 5,700-Mile 1994 Toyota Supra For Sale Right Now
With a Supra this pristine, it may be in the owner's best interest to push this across the finish line, or tow it.
Seemingly timed to take advantage of the current Supra-mania spurred on by the MkV hype-train, an absolutely pristine example of the now-legendary MkIV Toyota Supra has appeared for sale.
Spotted on Bring a Trailer is a completely unmodified 1994 Supra with just 5,664 miles on the odometer. According to the seller, all of the car's body panels still wear the original Super White paint and carry matching VIN tags. Naturally, it also boasts zero accidents on its Carfax and a clean Tennessee title. With a Supra this pristine, it may be in the future owner's best financial interest to push this across the finish line, or tow it.
The car's original 17-inch wheels move under the power of a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter 2JZ straight-six which sounds all good and well until you learn how that power gets transmitted to said wheels. There had to be a fly in the ointment somewhere, right? If you haven't guessed by now, this particular Supra comes with a four-speed automatic transmission. Yes, four speeds. Look, it was the '90s, give it a break.
While the slushbox here is a bit of a bummer, let's be realistic. This thing will likely spend the rest of its life as a collector's item, not a driving machine. So what does it really matter what gearbox it has? Plus, even if a manual Supra of this condition ever did crop up, it's unlikely Bring a Trailer's servers would survive the event to tell the tale.
As of this writing, the current bid sits at a healthily high $61,000. With more than 4 days still left in the auction (the last day to bid is March 30), we have a feeling the closing price on this famous "10-second car" will be a lot more than most can afford.
- RELATEDProduction Toyota Supra Confirmed to Get Early 2019 RevealThe new Supra will feature a perfect 50/50 weight distribution and take power increases better than the 86.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's the New Toyota Supra in a Racing SuitThe Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept previews the revival of a Japanese sports car legend.READ NOW
- RELATEDFollow the Build Process of This Toyota Supra Formula Drift CarFD driver Dan Burkett goes into detail as he continues to build his Toyota Supra drift car for the upcoming season.READ NOW
- RELATED'Top Secret' V-12 Toyota Supra Going to Auction, and You Need ItThis one of a kind monster is one of the most unique pieces you can add to your collection.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis MKIV Toyota Supra in Texas Has a Turbo Hemi V-8When complete, this build is expected to make 2,500 horsepower.READ NOW