Mecum Daytime Auction in Monterey Yields $34 million in Just Four Days
That is a lot of cash flying around the famous Spa on Del Monte Golf Course.
The Mecum Daytime Auction has always been a success, yielding high returns and tossing out seven figure bids like hotcakes. This year was no different and the Mecum Daytime Auction raked in a total of $34 million from August 16th to August 19th.
The vast majority of income came through the top ten vehicles to hit the auction block along with a flurry of other vehicles. The three big sales shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone as they have been notorious for fetching insane amounts.
First is the 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari. This gorgeous piece of machinery is powered by a 6.3-liter V12 with a hyrbid motor, making a combined 949 horsepower and 664 lb-ft of torque. With only 565 miles on the odometer, the rare Italian supercar sold for $3.45 million. Next up was a 2015 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse. Boasting a zero to 200 mph time of nearly how long it takes to say the supercar's name, this Bugatti is not stranger to the multimillion dollar price tag. According to Mecums, the Bugatti sold for $2.35 million. Below you will find a full list of the top 10 vehicles auctioned off this year as sourced by Mecum news.
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (Lot S102) at $3,450,000
- 2015 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse (Lot S116) at $2,350,000
- 2017 Ferrari F12tdf (Lot S79) at $1,250,000
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot S83) at $985,000
- 1988 Porsche 959 Komfort (Lot S113) at $950,000
- 2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta (Lot S126) at $620,000
- 1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III Drophead Coupe (Lot S110) at $610,000
- 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot S77) at $420,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S36) at $385,000
- 2011 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot S86) at $340,000
In total, 328 vehicles were auctioned off over the course of four days.