BMW’s GoPro App and a Mean, Mean Subaru STi: The Evening Rush
Plus, adult slingshots and crushable beer from Black Hog Brewing Company.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Subaru and Prodrive have built a track-focused WRX STI with which to break the Isle of Man TT's Snaefell Mountain Course record. Although the record is already held by Subaru, there's pride in aping yourself. The team's confident the current record of 19:15:90 will soon be obsolete.
Capturing solid BMW hooning has never been easier, now that BMW is integrating GoPro controls into the M Laptimer app. Users can automatically activate their GoPro when the app is turned on, which saves a low-res version of all the action right on your phone for easy review.
BMW has issued a stop-sale on all 2016 7-Series due to a problem with the airbag control module. This unfortunate issue affects 6,110 vehicles in the US. Owners should expect a recall notice by May 16th.
Pelican cases have been a staple in delicate-stuff protection for years, but now, like Apple, they're lightening their wares. Boasting the same durability, the new Pelican Air is 40% lighter than its predecessors.
Your childhood tree-branch-and-rubberband contraption would be no match for The Pocket Shot. This bizarre slingshot derivative can shoot pretty much anything at a bruising 350 feet per second. Please, don't shoot your eye out.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Black Hog Brewing Company in Oxford, Connecticut. Founded around a family’s love for roasting Berkshire pigs and having a general good time, Black Hog Brewing Co. is all about the perfect social beer. If you are looking for a crushable—that is, easily drinkable—beer for this weekend, we recommend the Easy Rye ‘Da, a rye IPA brewed with a manageable 4.7% ABV.
Classic Sperry Top-Siders have been a preppy mainstay for decades, and that's a crew that knows how to capital-S Summer. As we roll into warmer weather, take your cues from the WASP hive and grab a pair. Remember: no socks.
- RELATEDF-35 Will Be Combat-Ready This Year, Pentagon InsistsBroken radar, faulty ejection seat, problematic computers—who cares?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Apple Car is Real, And You Will Never be Able to Buy OneOh, Apple is definitely building a car—just not for you.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Vehicles You Definitely Shouldn't Operate NakedWhy put dignity, tackle and the children at risk?READ NOW
- RELATED5 Animals the New Tesla Model S ResemblesIt's not a fake Apple Car rendering, but we can do blatant click-bait, too.READ NOW
- RELATEDHurtful Days in Southwest TexasStorms of all kinds breaking on the Mexican border.READ NOW