Five Things You Could Buy Instead of a Jaguar F-Type SVR
Not that you would. But you could.
Jaguar officially unwrapped the F-Type SVR coupe and convertible this week, and while we already knew most of the salient details about it thanks to a recent leak,, it’s still fun to salivate over the car’s specs. A supercharged 5.0-liter V8 cranked up to 575 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque. Enhanced aerodynamics, including an active rear spoiler. A lightweight Inconel exhaust that’s both lighter and louder. Recalibrated eight-speed automatic transmission, torque vectoring system, and all-wheel drive. A claimed 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds, with a top speed of an even 200 mph for the hardtop.
One thing we didn’t know until today, though: how much the F-Type SVR would cost. Here in the United States, snatching up an F-Type SVR coupe will run wealthy big cat buyers $125,950, while buying the convertible will cost $128,800.
Considering the F-Type SVR’s performance, that’s practically a bargain. But it’s still a ton of money by most objective measures. So we pulled together a list of a few other things you could buy for the same amount of cash, in case you weren’t yet already lost in the fantasy of hammering the SVR up the Stelvio Pass.
And you’d still have enough money left over for a year’s worth of gas.
A dozen 1999 Porsche Boxsters
Even if five of them break down, you’ll still have one for every day of the week.
It won’t do 200 mph, but it’s a lot better for fishing.
You won’t have a car to put in the garage, but you will have a game room with wet bar.
Three and a half seconds of commercial time during the Academy Awards.
Just enough time to plug The Drive to the entire nation.
- RELATEDIf the F-Pace Sucks, Jaguar Is DeadThe brand is at a crossroads. Can this new crossover can save it?READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Bringing Barmy F-type SVR to GenevaLighter, more powerful cat scratches the double-ton.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving a Jaguar F-Type R to the Best Damn Fireworks Shop in AmericaAn epic celebration of combustibles.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Jaguar Set to Unleash High Powered F-Type SVRREAD NOW
- RELATEDF1 Driver Obtains Bond Villain’s Jaguar Supercar, Hoons GratuitouslyNo, Mr. Bond. I expect you to slide.READ NOW