The 5 Best Porsche Tuners in the World
With Rauh-Welt Begriff custom building a Porsche 911 in our showroom, we rundown the best P-Car tuners in the business.
Rauh-Welt Begriff, or RWB, is a Porsche tuner based in Japan. But, today, the man behind the company is working out of The Drive’s offices, here in Brooklyn. Yes, we’ve got Akira Nakai in-house, building a car in our showroom. Like, right now. Watch Nakai-san working via livestream here, and this countdown of the most legit Porsche tuners on the block.
Singer Vehicle Design
You already know this one: The most obsessive, detail-oriented shop in the business. More art than restomod, a Singer 911 is the closest thing to outright Porsche perfection.
A Porsche only in the body-in-white sense, each RUF 911 is so thoroughly overhauled, it gets a new vehicle identification number. Also: enough turbocharged firepower to desecrate a small nation.
The man’s work is as polarizing as any. To fans of his cheeky, campy 911 builds, Magnus is a fresh air; to Porsche traditionalists, he may as well be the antichrist.
Think of it as Singer Lite, a restomod with a different approach. Instead of using and redesigning NOS parts and boosting output, Kaege keeps the engine stock but injects a health dose of carbon fiber into the equation.
Integrating Japanese tuner motifs into the 911, RWB’s shop turns out some of the coolest, widest, wildest Porsches around.
- RELATEDLive Streaming Now: RWB's Akira Nakai Builds a Porsche Masterpiece in The Drive's GarageA rare chance to see the famed body work master in action.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Miami Tuners Responsible for Yoenis Céspedes' Wildest RidesThe thing is, Cespedes isn't even this masterpiece-producing shop's biggest customer. Ever heard of Michael Jordan?READ NOW
- RELATEDChad McQueen Once Stole His Dad Steve’s Porsche 930On the occasion of a new documentary about the making of Steve McQueen’s Le Mans, his only son, Chad, shares some incredible stories from his youth.READ NOW
- RELATEDGallery: RWB's Akira Nakai Builds a Porsche Masterpiece in The Drive's GarageSee the famed Porsche tuner in action.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan the 911 R Pacify Porsche Purist Panic?A super-lightweight, manual-only version of the 911 GT3 looks to be on the way. Communion is served, my sons.READ NOW