Behind the Scenes of a Supercar Track Day at COTA
Texas supercar owners push hard at the Circuit of the Americas
“We like to guarantee that we are not stuck behind Miatas.” Josh Snowhorn says. The Austin resident invited us out to the Circuit Of the Americas to see how a group of Texas Supercar owners have their track day fun.
If you have the desire, and the funds, you can duke it out with your friends and a handful of the fastest supercars in the world. Edge Addicts runs a high performance driver education event out of COTA every few months, and Snowhorn and his crew buy an entire running group–1/4 of the track time–for themselves. Their block of 4 garages is filled to the brim. Seven McLarens, a few Ferraris, more bedroom poster-worthy Porsches than you can count and some automotive odds and ends thrown in for good measure.
- RELATEDAston Martin and Red Bull's AM-RB 001 Could Redefine the SupercarBut will the naturally-aspirated machine be able to compete in a forced-induction field?READ NOW
- RELATEDFiat Will Give You a Free Track Day If You Buy an AbarthOwners have one year from purchase to claim their day at the Bondurant Racing School.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG on a Racetrack Is a Bad IdeaMatt Farah finds more G-Wagen excitement off the beaten path.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan the Fox Body Ford Mustang Be a Legit Track Car?That depends on your tolerance for pain.READ NOW
- RELATED'Moderate' Damage at Daytona Speedway, Worse at Nearby New Smyrna TrackHurricane Matthew made its presence knownREAD NOW