Take a Virtual Reality Ride Along in a Shelby GT350
Put on your VR headset and turn up the sound.
Watching a 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 doing what it was made to do is already a treat to the eyes and ears, but Future Motoring just released a video that makes it a whole new kind of experience. The guys over there mounted a 360-degree camera to the back of a slightly modified Shelby to take us for a virtual reality ride.
The video is set in a rural area on country roads where the GT350 shines. This is a great demonstration of the straight-line performance this Shelby is capable of (not that that’s the only thing it’s good at) Granted, the setting doesn’t show us much more than road, trees, and sky, but it’s still a cool thing to watch. It’s especially cool if you have a VR headset. If you don’t, you can still drag the view around on YouTube.
As for the car itself, it’s no ordinary GT350. This mean blue Mustang has been equipped with Ford Performance intake and exhaust making the 5.2-liter flat plane crank Voodoo V-8 under the hood breathe better and sound even more amazing than it does in stock form.
This isn’t the first time we’ve gotten a Mustang VR experience. Back in February, Ford Performance released a video called ReRendezvous which was a 360-degree virtual reality ride through Paris from the point of view of a 2016 Mustang. This GT350 video is a bit lower budget, but it gives us a much more satisfying sound.
- RELATEDFord Uses the Mustang to Recreate a Classic Chase Through Paris in Virtual RealityHang off the front of a new Ford Mustang as it claims Paris as its own for a VR version of C’etait un Rendez-Vous.READ NOW
- RELATEDVirtual-Reality Mario Kart Is Coming to a Japanese ArcadeInfuriating your friends has never been this realistic.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Is An 8-Cylinder Kick in the NutsThe new version of the iconic pony comes out bucking—hard.READ NOW
- RELATEDNow You Can Watch Formula E Racing Using Virtual RealityVirtually Live is bringing electric open-wheel racing recaps to VR headsets.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Intense Fan-Made Shelby GT350 CommercialThis impressive video wasn't actually made by Ford, just by fans.READ NOW