Internet's Everyman Bill Caswell Is Selling His Baja Pig
Bill Caswell is selling his almost Baja 1000-ready freak BMW 3 series creation, the Baja Pig.
Bill Caswell is the internet's everyman. He proved to the world that you do not need a factory-backed program to go racing on the world's biggest stage. He raced a $500 Craigslist BMW in a World Rallycross Championship race in Mexico back in 2010 and he has been looking forward to shock the world again taking a BMW 3 series to the Baja 1000. To achieve this he created the Baja Pig. The Baja Pig is a freak 1989 BMW 325is buggy looking monster with trophy truck sized tires sitting outside the wheel wells. Eventually, the cost and frustration with a project car catches up with you and Caswell is now selling the Baja Pig.
We covered Caswell last month when he was featured on Hoonigan's series A BREW WITH. There he talked about his history with cars and his knowledge of BMWs.
Caswell attempted to have the Baja Pig ready for the 2016 Baja 1000 and sadly was not able to get the car ready for it. He reattempted this year for the 50th Baja 1000 and missed the race again. According to Caswell's Instagram post, his race attempt this year cost him $20,000 and $30,000 last year. He knows when to get out of a headache of a project car.
I consider Caswell a friend in this automotive world, so this is just one small bump in the road. I am sure after he offloads the Baja Pig to the new lucky owner he will begin working on another project or with some team in some form of off-road racing. Rally, Baja, or who knows maybe even Dakar.
Check out this footage of the Baja Pig running in the Mint 400. I think the best part is the low profile floor jack just ratchet strapped down visibly flailing around when hitting jumps.
I do not have a sale price to tell you, but do not go offering Caswell a six pack and a stripped BMW, because he might accept it.
- RELATEDLearn Everything There Is to Know About Bill CaswellFrom investment banking to a World Rally Championship race, he has one hell of a story.READ NOW
- RELATED5 Things Budget-Racing Legend Bill Caswell Taught Me at My First Stage RallyI don't think I'll be able to compete in a rally without him.READ NOW
- RELATEDLearn Everything About Off Road Legend BJ BaldwinThe Baja winner sits down with Hoonigan to drink some beers and answer questions.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch BJ Baldwin Bring His 800-HP Trophy Truck to Hoonigan's Donut GarageSeven time racing champion, two time solo Baja 100 winner, just wants to do a wheelie in a parking lot.READ NOW
- RELATEDLearn Everything You Wanted to Know About Legend Rhys MillenHoonigan's behind the scenes chat with the Pikes Peak legend.READ NOW