Jay Leno's 2017 Ford GT Was Optioned to More Than $500,000
That's a whole lotta dough.
Jay Leno was one of the lucky few to make the cut for purchasing Ford's brand new, ultra exclusive GT supercar. With heavy claims loaded upon the fresh model including "Ford's best" and "Le Mans winner", the brand's freshest go-fast machine has already broke the cover for being hugely expensive -- but that's a pretty cliche statement. What we didn't know, however, is how much a spec you'd actually want would cost. Well after some tooling and digging around, someone was able to find out that the Late Night star's example had an MSRP of $505,750.
A Reddit user was watching the now-famous clip from Jay Leno's Garage YouTube series and decided to look up the VIN listed on the car. Thanks to a bit of investigative curiosity, and an online window sticker looker-upper, the official muroney showed a detailed sheet of Jay's specific car.
According to this sticker, the car is fitted with its fair share of upticked options. That includes the 400A package, an equipment group that raises the price by $25K on its own. Additional features include titanium lug nuts ($1,000), orange racing stripes ($10,000), and exposed carbon fiber 20" wheels ($15,000). All of those total up to $55,000 in factory extras, bringing the overall price of $505,750 before market adjustment. That's a lot more than the base price of just $447,000.
But when has Leno ever been known to play small ball? His extensive collection is one of the most impressive and extravagant in show biz, and this Ford GT only adds to its grandeur. After all, wouldn't you do the same if you had that kind of cash?
- RELATEDJay Leno Is the Proud New Owner of a 2017 Ford GTBe sure to keep an eye on Jay Leno's Garage for an upcoming review of Ford's new supercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno's Garage Gets Into The American Spirit With A Special EpisodeFrom George W. Bush's F-150 to a 1978 Dodge Street VanREAD NOW
- RELATEDRide Along with Jay Leno in an L.A. County Sheriff's 1978 Chevy Nova 9C1Cop cars have come a long way in the last 40 years.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Takes an E30 M3-Swapped BMW 2002 for a Spin in L.A.A de facto predecessor to the M2 to finds its way into the celebrity's garage.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Loves Driving The LuftAuto 911 Off RoadJay Talks LuftAuto with Porsche's Pat Long and car owner Eli KoganREAD NOW