This 964-Based "Safari RS" Just Shut Down The Off Road Porsche Game
Built By Kelly-Moss, This All-Wheel-Drive "Safari RS Version 2.0" Is Nigh Unstoppable
Anything worth being done is worth doing to excess. The recent trend of off-road Porsche 911s has been knocked square on its ass by this recently-finished build from Kelly-Moss. While most of the "Safari"-style cars we've seen thus far have been based on rear-wheel-drive SC and Carrera 3.2 models, this beast is an all-wheel-drive 964 Carrera 4 underneath with some serious hardware to increase its off-road-ability. A set of rally tires on a quartet of Braid rally wheels is just the beginning. Toss on a set of wide fender flares for good measure to go with a seriously widened track width, and four beefy gravel flaps, one at each wheel. Need to see a little better? How about ten forward-facing lights to show the path even in the darkest of moonless nights? The big talking points here, however, have to be the giant metal brush guard bumpers on either end of the car with super bright LED lights, tow hooks, and even a winch integrated. This Porsche is ready for some off-the-beaten-trail exploring.
In a twitter post yesterday, professional racer Mike Hedlund humble-bragged about how great it was going to be to drive this 964, and we agree. We'd love the opportunity to get this clean Martini-liveried monster a little bit dirtier with some off-road shenanigans.
For more photos of the build process, check out KellyMossMotorsports.com.
- RELATEDLeh Keen Delivers Your Christmas Tree Atop A Safari 911Santa traded in his sleigh for an off-road 911. Ho Ho Ho, here's your tree. BRAAAAP!READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Porsche Safari 911 Is Filthy FunNothing makes a fat man smile like off-roading in Leh Keen's rally-ready 911.READ NOW
- RELATEDRare 964 Carrera 4 Lightweight Gets A Careful DetailingWith only 22 of these race cars built, this is a special Porsche. Taking care of the paint is a very important part of the detailing process.READ NOW
- RELATEDNear Perfect Porsche 924 Carrera GT On The Auction BlockThe king of Porsche homologation specials is yours for the bidding.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou'll Never Believe This 964 Carrera RS Isn't RealThe car in this video is 100% computer generated, and the detailing is perfect.READ NOW