Remembering Paul Walker Three Years After His Tragic Death
Tributes pour in from Fast and Furious costars.
Three years ago today, November 30th, Paul Walker died in a untimely accident at the age of 40. Now, the late actor’s Fast and Furious costars are posting touching messages on social media to remember their friend.
Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Scott Eastwood and Vin Diesel all shared fond memories of Walker, who passed away with friend Roger Rodas in Rodas’ 2005 Porsche Carrera GT.
Diesel, who famously paid a memorable tribute to his “brother Pablo” at last year’s MTV Movie Awards when he sang Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth’s “See You Again,” changed his Facebook cover photo to an image of Walker opposing Diesel himself, hands clasped as though in prayer.
Jordana Brewster, who was Walker’s love interest, Mia Toretto, in the Fast franchise, tweeted, “I miss you and I love you every single day,” beneath a photo of herself with Walker at a premiere.
Scott Eastwood, who will be in the new Fast 8 film, didn’t overlap with Walker in the Fast films, though they did work together on the 2006 film Flags of Our Fathers. Eastwood considered Walker to be one of his best friends and shared a still image from their movie on Instagram, captioning it, “Miss you Paul. I love this pic because it sums up how you made people feel. You taught me so much. Lessons that I find myself passing on to people in my life now. Thanks for all the laugh big bro.”
Ludacris posted a photo of Walker leaning on a GT-R from an early Fast flick, along with “Always in our hearts. Gone but never forgotten. #love”
Tyrese posted a video on Instagram, with an intro in which he stands beside Walker and calls him “my favorite white man.” The rest of the montage is a tear-jerking series of still images and video of Walker from on and off-set as well as a snap of Gibson weeping at Walker’s funeral. Ready the Kleenex.
And now, today's episode of Drive Wire:
- RELATEDDaughter of Paul Walker Awarded $10M SettlementA deal has been struck with the Fast & Furious star's surviving teenage daughter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW
- RELATEDHit-and-Run Killer With Paul Walker Speed Tattoo Sentenced to PrisonA Fast and the Furious fan who ran over a NYC pedestrian gets up to five years.READ NOW
- RELATEDPaul Walker’s Estate Settles Lawsuit Over 30 Stolen CarsVehicles pilfered 24 hours after the Fast & Furious star’s death to be returned.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Truth Behind What Caused Paul Walker's Fatal CrashThe likely cause is so mundane we never talk about it. Let's change that.READ NOW