Documentary on Fast and Furious Star Paul Walker Coming This Summer
Following his untimely death, I Am Paul Walker will detail the late actor's movie career, passion for marine biology, and philanthropy.
After Fast and Furious star Paul Walker's untimely death back in 2013, Paramount Network has announced a new documentary outlining the late actor's life set for release this summer.
Titled I Am Paul Walker, the doc will explore Walker's often NOS-fueled movie career, his little-known passion for marine biology, as well as his philanthropic efforts in the wake of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. It'll include interviews with a bevy of Walker's co-stars and friends, the list of which will be announced at a later date.
The Walker documentary will be produced by Derik Murray, whose credits include a large handful of similarly-titled biographical docs with subjects that have included Bruce Lee, Steve McQueen, Evel Knievel, Chris Farley, and Heath Ledger, among others.
Paul Walker died in the passenger seat of a Porsche Carrera GT in November 2013 when the car, driven by friend and financial adviser Roger Rodas, hit a Santa Clarita lamp post and two trees before catching fire. Late last year, Porsche settled two separate wrongful death lawsuits with Walker's daughter and father.
In addition to being the former face of what was and continues to be Hollywood's biggest auto-themed franchise, Walker was also quite the car enthusiast in real life. On top of amassing a righteously large collection of autos, Walker participated in the Redline Time Attack racing series in his spare time.
- RELATEDThe Truth Behind What Caused Paul Walker's Fatal CrashThe likely cause is so mundane we never talk about it. Let's change that.READ NOW
- RELATEDPaul Walker's Daughter Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Porsche18-year-old Meadow Walker reached an agreement with the carmaker on October 16th.READ NOW
- RELATEDPaul Walker Lawyer Claims Porsche Concealed Damaging Carrera GT InfoCourt filings also reveal emails in which alleged Porsche employees joke about Carreras crash rates affecting the car's value.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Fast and the Furious Movies Are to Blame for Speeding TicketsThere is a correlation between the movies being released and motorists getting pulled over.READ NOW
- RELATEDTyrese Gibson Threatens to Quit 'Fast & Furious' Franchise if Dwayne Johnson Doesn'tTrouble in the Family.READ NOW