Watch a McLaren 675LT and 720S Light Up the Autobahn
The supercar duo flirt with 200 miles per hour in the video.
What do you get when two land rockets dual? An absolute dynamite video featuring high speeds and engineering wizardry. In the video below we have the privilege of seeing a McLaren 675LT go head-to-head with a McLaren 720S in an epic Autobahn battle of the fittest.
The 675LT is powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V8 making 666 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque while the 720S pumps out 710 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque. Both cars are built to go fast and man, did we see that in this video. At one point, the camera man in the 675LT indicates that the vehicle is going 197 miles per hour (converted from 318 kph). This is just 5 MPH shy of the vehicle's top speed of 202 MPH.
The 720S is able to sneak past the 675LT with a top speed of 212 MPH and a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds (0.10 seconds faster). However, performance times are pretty much irrelevant at this point since they are both insanely gorgeous supercars that stick the the pavement like glue. The downforce created through both vehicle's aero kits allow the McLaren's to stay firmly planted during their Autobahn escapade and not flying through the air.
You too can be a proud owner of a 720S for the tone of $288,845 or a 675LT—if you can find one—for $349,500.
- RELATEDRon Dennis Could Own 13 of McLaren's Most Valuable CarsThe newly former McLaren boss's collection includes championship cars from Senna, Prost, and Hamilton.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe're in Love With This 129-Picture McLaren 570S Spider Photo GalleryIt's pure supercar porn.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Is Preparing a Non-Hybrid, 800-HP P1 Successor, Report SaysNot to be confused with the BP23 three-seater, the P15 will reportedly make its public debut in March.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren-Honda Hoping for Best Weekend of 2017 in HungaryOptimism is a rare thing at the Woking squad these days, so it isn't without reason.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the First U.S. Trailer for Bruce McLaren's BiopicThis is going to be a good one.READ NOW