Watch Ken Block Drive the Ford GT Through the French Countryside near Le Mans
The Hoonigan-in-Chief gets some seat time in Ford's 647-horsepower stunner.
In addition to having a go on the very circuit the car was kinda made for, Ken Block got to pilot the new Ford GT on the road as well. In the French countryside an hour away from Le Mans, the Gymkhana star sampled how Ford's new, 647-horsepower supercar copes on the public highway—the keyword here being "public," as none of Mr. Block's signature drifts or donuts occurred during this particular drive. Yeah, we were a little disappointed too.
With Ford GT engineering supervisor Nick Terzes riding shotgun, the Ford Performance factory driver/shoe salesman got to pick his brain on exactly how similar the road-going GT is to its Le Mans racing counterpart (Spoiler alert: the road car is more powerful) as well as whether or not the $450,000 supercar came with a "Burnout Mode." For the record, it doesn't. Considering it's a feature now included on even the lowly EcoBoost Mustang, its absence here guarantees that I won't be picking up a GT anytime soon. (C'mon Ford, step it up.)
The Ford GT is powered (slightly controversially) by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, has a FIA-approved roll cage built into the body, and is one of the most strikingly designed cars in recent memory, but you already knew all that.
Here's Ken Block pottering around in one in France.
- RELATEDKen Block Drove a Pre-Production Ford GT at Le Mans Last WeekendThis is one of the perks of being a world-renown Ford rallycross driver.READ NOW
- RELATEDI Road Tested Every Generation of Ford GT Road CarOne of them is the greatest American supercar ever built. Which one?READ NOW
- RELATED7 Cool Things About the $450,000 Ford GTThe only truly American supercar is close to an engineering masterpiece.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Do a Huge Burnout in His New Ford F-150 RaptorIt was "awesome," according to Block's kids.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Is the Proud New Owner of a 2017 Ford GTBe sure to keep an eye on Jay Leno's Garage for an upcoming review of Ford's new supercar.READ NOW