Watch This Beautiful Morgan Aero 8 Race Against A Stunt Biplane
The dance between air and land is both beautiful and death-defying.
Watching a video of a car pitted against an airplane has a sort of meditative quality to it. In the most recent edition of land versus air, Morgan Motor Company takes its gorgeous Aero 8 and races stunt pilot Rich Goodwin's Muscle Biplane.
The Morgan Aero 8 is an iconically British sports car powered by a BMW V8 making 367 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque. The wooden and carbon fiber car flies to 60 mph in just 4.5 seconds, making it a worthy opponent for Goodwin's biplane at Bruntingthorpe Airfield last month.
Stunt pilot Rich Goodwin's heavily modified Muscle Biplane has a six cylinder, 8.5-liter Lycoming 540 Engine behind the propeller with plenty of power to get the plane to do just about anything. The plane's maneuverability is demonstrated when it holds an aggressive pitch less than fifteen feet above the runway for approximately a half mile. The Morgan Aero 8 and Muscle Plane run side-by-side for a stretch, creating a brief moment of transportation bliss and a perfect photographic opportunity.
It's unclear why exactly Morgan Motor Company made the video—not that we're complaining.
- RELATEDWatch a Morgan Get Its Wood Smashed by a Small French HatchbackWhen pulling out goes wrong.READ NOW
- RELATEDMorgan's EV3 Junior Is a Kid's Toy That Will Make Adults JealousBased off the full-size EV3, this Junior model boasts a carbon fiber body and a working suspension.READ NOW
- RELATEDMorgan’s Chief Designer Makes Custom WatchesAnd they're affordable, too.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving a Morgan 3-Wheeler Trained Me to Stop a MuggingSteer left, steer right. Brake on, Brake off.READ NOW
- RELATEDBiplanes Are the Solution to Stressful Thanksgiving TravelSkip airports, do stunts.READ NOW