Watch The Ugliest Ferrari F1 Car Buzz Around Track
The 312 B3 "Spazzaneve" was unquestionably the most questionable design of the era.
Ferrari has a history of beautiful cars and purebred performance. While some cars fit into both categories, the 312 B3 "Spazzaneve" only fits into the latter. With strangely mounted front intakes that hang off each side of the splitter, it's got a snow plow for a mug that doesn't necessarily scream "magnifico". In addition to that, its shrunken wheelbase makes it look like a penny-racer toy at 5:4 scale.
Despite all of that, it was still considered to be the biggest revolution in Ferrari engine and chassis engineering at the time. It was the first of four 312 iterations developed for Grand Prix racing, and it was designed by Mauro Forghier. Although it featured a marvel flat-12 and supreme structural underpinnings at the time, it was held back by its large overhangs and mediocre braking, forcing Ferrari to scrap the idea before it ever participated in a race.
The car was held in Ferrari's keeping for several years prior to being sold to an individual. Since then, the owner has taken it to various track days like this Historic Minardi gathering. Only in places like these will we see the Italian oddball live on, giving us new glimpses of what Enzo Ferrari's innovation looked like back in the 1970s.
- RELATEDBlac Chyna Gets Ferrari 488 Spider as 29th Birthday PresentIt appears the 488 was a gift, but it's unclear who it would've been from.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlec Baldwin to Play Enzo Ferrari in Ferruccio Lamborghini BiopicHe will star alongside Antonio Banderas as the titular, pissed-off tractor builder.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ferrari 643 F1 Car Throw Sparks Around ImolaThe V12 tenor throws in plenty of theatrics in this video.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ferrari F2004 V10 F1 Car Fly Around MonzaOne of Michael Schumacher's treasures only sounds better with age.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ryan Tuerck Drift His Ferrari-Powered Toyota 86 Around Formula Drift OrlandoListen to the sweet sound of screaming Ferrari V8 as Tuerck shreds all tires.READ NOW