Hugo Boss Announces Official Role with Formula E After F1 Exit
The brand sees Formula E as more innovative than Formula 1.
Hugo Boss, longtime McLaren sponsor and current Mercedes-AMG partner, announced last week that it will be ending its involvement with F1 in favor of Formula E. In an interview with the German magazine Focus, chief executive Mark Langer explained the brand's move to the electric racing series as it's viewed to be more "innovative and sustainable" than Formula 1. However, he did not reveal Hugo Boss' official role with Formula E. As it was revealed on Monday, the German fashion brand will serve as the official apparel partner of the up-and-coming racing league.
As a result, the Hugo Boss logo will appear throughout Formula E events by way of FE officials' clothing, the championship's demo car, and billboards alongside race circuits.
Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag explained his excitement after recruiting the company. In his own words, Agag was "delighted to welcome yet another global brand to the Formula E family, especially a respected and recognizable name in the world of fashion such as Hugo Boss."
Langer claims the move to be a step in a forward-thinking direction that will better represent the Hugo Boss brand. In the report from Focus, he explained that Formula E offers “the engines, the races in major cities, that’s something a younger audience likes, which offers new opportunities.”
The decision will become effective at the start of Formula E's fourth season, starting in Hong Kong next month. It will then carry on through the rest of the 2017-2018 season.
- RELATEDHugo Boss Drops F1 Sponsorship in Favor of Formula EThe German fashion brand has been a partner of Mercedes Benz since 2015 and was formerly a longtime sponsor of McLaren.READ NOW
- RELATEDRenault to Drop Formula E Program in Favor of F1 GrowthNissan will pick up where Renault leaves off after the 2017-2018 season.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Revives LMP1 e-tron Name For First Factory Formula E EntrySame name, different game.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Does The Cockpit Of A Formula E Car Look Like?Porsche's future Formula E drivers are going to have to learn all of this to catch up to the pack.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula E Champ Lucas Di Grassi Becomes Roborace CEOHe will now be in charge of the driverless racing series.READ NOW