Best Gifts for Truck Drivers: Give the Perfect Gift for Long Hauls
Give a gift that your favorite truck driver can use while on the road
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
What do you get for someone who’s always on the move? Truck drivers spend the majority of their time in the cab driving down the highway. So, getting them a gift they can use while working is practical. But you need to remember that they have limited space in their truck. We’ve found a few gifts that are sure to please any truck driver and fit any budget you’re working with.
This seven-inch-thick, high-density foam mattress fits perfectly into the cab of a truck. It’s an attractive grey/white and navy color. The mattress measures 32 by 79 inches.
Unlike standard mattresses, this one comes compressed and rolled up in a box for easy shipping and transport. Unbox the mattress, and it’ll expand to 90 percent of its full size in just 30 minutes and full size in 48 hours.
Not all cabs have a bed area, so if this space isn’t available, then the trucker has no use for this mattress. Also, high-density foam can be quite hot.
Sitting on this seat relieves tailbone pressure and back pain. The gel pad helps keep the user cool, while the memory foam is durable enough to withstand hours of constant use.
The foam is easily compressible, which can make it less effective for those who are heavier. Also, it doesn’t work for everyone to remove back pain.
There is a built-in, three-stage car battery protection system to prevent wasteful battery consumption. Vibration resistance protects the cooler while driving. The high-density foam keeps everything insulated at the proper temperature.
The latch may not be as durable as the rest of the cooler. You may also struggle to adjust the temperature to your desired level of coldness.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Gifts for Truck Drivers
- Provide comfort. Truckers spend many hours on the road, and being in the driver's seat for long periods of time can wreak havoc on the body. Fortunately, there are many gifts you can buy that relieve pain, such as seat cushions.
- Affordable. You don't have to spend a lot of money to show the trucker in your life that you care. The best birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas gifts for truck drivers come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Show appreciation. One of the best ways to show people you care for them is by giving them a gift that makes their work easier. Many trucker-related gifts help pass the time (such as an audiobook subscription) or keep them hydrated while they're driving (portable coolers and high-quality tumblers).
Types of Gifts for Truck Drivers
Truck drivers spend so much time alone that they need ways of entertaining themselves during their solo trips. They can listen to music, podcasts, or audio books. That's why it's a great idea to get them electronic gifts, such as a Bluetooth headset or earbuds, SiriusXM satellite radio, or an MP3 player to pass the time. Power inverters or USB converters also help when charging multiple devices. A GPS device geared towards truckers is also a practical gift.
A trucker's cab is his or her second home. There are plenty of presents you can purchase that will make a truck driver feel more comfortable, including heated electric blankets, portable coolers, shower kits, and foam mattresses. A first-aid kit is also a good idea so they have access to bandages and other supplies in case there's an accident.
Portable vehicle safes are a great idea if your friend or family member collects cash or checks while on their delivery route. These safes can also hold a trucker's valuables when he or she leaves the cab for a restroom break or fuel stop. Some truckers may also appreciate a daily planner that helps them track mileage, fuel consumption, etc. Another practical gift idea is a truck atlas, which can be helpful in remote areas in which GPS is not reliable.
If you prefer gifts with a little more pizazz, consider purchasing a multi-tool. They are very handy devices and have a lot of tools that do a variety of things. Personalized keychains are another good option as are baseball caps, T-shirts, and even custom-made mud flaps. While none of these gifts are necessary, they're fun to give and receive.
Mobile InnerSpace, which is based in Georgia, has just one product: truck mattresses. And the best part is they are all hand-built by American craftspeople. The company prides itself in making its products in America without sourcing items overseas. One of its top mattresses is the Mobile InnerSpace Foam Mattress.
The Austin, Texas-based YETI manufactures many accessories for the outdoor enthusiast, such as coolers and vacuum-insulated stainless-steel drinkware. Its products are great for travelers and truckers and include the very popular YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler.
Bulldog Cases & Vaults
Bulldog Cases & Vaults, based in Virginia, has been making carrying storage cases for weapons and other accessories for over a decade. It manufactures car vaults, BioMetric vaults, and Magnum series vaults, such as the Bulldog Cases Car Safe with Key Lock, Mounting Bracket and Cable in Black.
Gifts for Truck Drivers Pricing
- Under $20: You can find a variety of cool accessories for the trucker in your life for under $20. Some gift ideas include key chains, mugs, baseball caps, sunglasses, a pocket knife, and even an assortment of snacks.
- $20-$50: You can purchase items such as a seat cushion, SiriusXM radio, a DVD player, a multi-tool, or a shower kit in this price range. There are a lot of options that will appeal to all sorts of truck drivers.
- $100-$200: Higher-end gifts may include mini refrigerators, televisions, CB radios, portable coffee brewers, and other tech gadgets, as well as mattresses. These gifts are very practical and, because they are usually higher-quality, they last a long time.
If you're searching for the perfect gift, make sure you choose something that's high-quality and made of durable materials. The last thing you want is for the gift to break prematurely because it's cheaply made. Read the specs and reviews of a particular item to make sure it's designed to last a long time.
The best gifts are functional ones. If your favorite trucker wears a baseball hat every day, then you know he'll wear the one you give him as a gift. If he prefers eating homemade meals, a portable refrigerator to keep his salad cool until lunchtime is another great option. The more functional a gift is, the more likely the truck driver will use it.
Think about how much space your trucker has in his or her cab. Most over-the-road semi-trucks accommodate a twin size bed, but if they don't have a sleeper berth, then a mattress isn't a good idea. That’s why it’s important to make sure they have enough space to fit larger gifts you have in mind, including coolers, televisions, and so on.
- Budget: You don't have to spend a lot of money to make a gift recipient feel special. Live by the adage, "It's the thought that counts." If you can't afford to buy a new mattress, settle for a high-quality blanket or pillow instead. Be creative. There are so many gift ideas that work for a wide range of budgets.
- Warranty/Return Policy: If you're buying a more expensive and/or electronic gift, check to see if a warranty is included and what the return policy is. That way, if something breaks, is defective, or if the gift recipient decides to return the gift, you are covered. This is particularly important if you invest a lot of money in the present.
Best Gifts for Truck Drivers Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Keep in mind that there’s limited space inside the cab of the truck. You don’t want to buy a trucker anything that will take up too much space or not be functional. The gift suggestions we’ve provided add some creature comforts without taking up too much space.
- Think about what would make their life easier. For example, a mattress will make sure your favorite truck driver can get a solid night’s sleep and be well-rested for the drive. Or give them a seat cushion that makes sitting for long hours more comfortable.
- Any item that you buy needs to be well made and durable. Your gift will get many hours of constant use, so it needs to be able to last. High-density foam, protective covers, and sturdy plastics all ensure your gift will survive the rough and tumble life of a truck driver.
Q. Why should I buy a functional gift for a truck driver?
Truck drivers don’t have space for frivolous items that will only clutter up the interior. Look for gifts that can serve multiple purposes to make them more useful and space-saving. Gifts that make their job easier are also good choices.
Q. What other types of gifts could I get?
Try to stick to gifts that are practical, functional, or useful. You can combine this with ones that are funny, educational, or sentimental. That way, you can evoke emotion and connection with your gift but not waste money on something that won’t be used.
Q. How much should I spend on a gift for a truck driver?
Only spend what you’re comfortable with on a gift. This could be something small that’s under $20 or in the $50 to $150 range. Then there are serious gifts that are $200 or more. Look for a gift that will fit your budget.
The Mobile InnerSpace Foam Mattress will change how your favorite truck driver sleeps and ensure that they get a restful night’s sleep. An Orthopedic Seat Cushion will relieve a trucker’s spine or back pain by cushioning the seat for many hours.