Classic Car Club Manhattan Teams With Chopard, Alpinestars for Custom Watch and Racing Gloves
The limited-edition gear celebrates CCC's move to its expansive new home at Pier 76 on the Hudson River in Manhattan.
Racing-gear giant Alpinestars' connection to the car world needs no explanation, while Chopard is a Swiss watchmaker with deep ties to the vintage racing world as the official timekeeper of both the Mille Miglia and Grand Prix de Monaco Historique. The two brands have collaborated with New York's own Classic Car Club Manhattan to create a limited-edition, customized-by-CCC Chopard chronograph and pair of Alpinestars homolgated Tech 1-ZX racing gloves.
The gloves feature a custom colorway and design: blue finger accents to suggest the Hudson River, a signature "76" on the pinkie—a nod to CCC's new home at Pier 76 along Manhattan's West Side Highway—and gray, black, and white intersections to represent the streets of New York City.
On the left wrist there's also a full, photorealistic representation of the Chopard USA Limited Edition chronograph. In real life it's a proper Swiss timepiece that stands up to scrutiny by the watch nerds: self-winding mechanical chronograph movement, 46-hour power reserve, 25 jewels, and functionality for date (the window is integrated at 3:00 PM), hours, minutes, seconds, and 30-minute- and 12-hour counters. The 44.5mm case features an integrated tachymeter while the red main seconds hand works with the dial's predominantly blue color (along with white and black, celebrating America's racing colors) in the same way the red-stitched "CCC" pops off the blue-and-white NATO strap.
- RELATEDVisiting Classic Car Club of Manhattan’s New HomeThe best riverfront parking lot in NYC is an old horse barn, right next to the tow pound.READ NOW
- RELATEDChopard Debuts the Mille Miglia XL Race EditionThe essence of Italy's most hairball race, on your wrist.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrash Tested: Alpinestars GP Pro Motorcycle Racing LeathersWe put our ass on the line to test Alpinestars' latest hide-protectors.READ NOW
- RELATEDRolex 24 Veteran Scott Pruett Shows Off $600,000 Worth of Rolex WatchesWhat does a five time Daytona winner do with all those watches?READ NOW
- RELATEDSpring Moto Gear: Roland Sands Design Ace GlovesNew mitts from a former AMA National Champion racer and custom moto godhead.READ NOW