We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
Finding extra storage on a motorcycle is always a challenge, particularly when there is limited space for typical panniers. Tank bags are a great solution for carrying around small things in a space that normally is wasted. Take a look below at our recommendations.
Chase Harper 450M Magnetic Tank Bag
- Weather-resistant, tear-resistant design makes the bag suitable for long road trips
- Interior offers a good deal of space and basic organization
- There is no waterproof bag included with this tank bag, meaning water can still leak through into the inside of the bag in heavy storms
Lozom Motorcycle Gas Oil Fuel Tank Bag
- Bag design keeps the phone within view without giving you direct, unsafe access to the device
- Clear surface can appear a bit hazy above the phone
- Interior space is somewhat small compared to other bags available
OHMotor Motorcycle Tank Bag
- One of the larger bags available, the interior space maximizes the amount of storage and organization you can get on a motorcycle
- Clear container for the phone can be difficult to see through, especially in direct sunlight or in wet conditions
Best Motorcycle Tank Bags: Reviews & Recommendations
For a good amount of space and a straightforward design, check out the Chase Harper 450M Magnetic Tank Bag as our top pick.
If you can sacrifice some space or want a dedicated smart device pocket, look at the Lozom Motorcycle Gas Oil Fuel Tank Bag instead.
- Securing the bag to the tank is an absolute must. Make sure all buckles and straps are fastened tightly before use.
- Make sure you keep your eyes on the road with bags that display phone on top. These are designed for quick glances instead of hands-on use.
- Long and narrow bags tend to offer a better design for larger items like umbrellas.
Q. What is a motorcycle tank bag?
This is simply any bag that is designed to fit on top of the motorcycle's tank.
Q. Should I buy a bag with a smartphone pocket on top?
These bags do offer some convenience for quickly glancing at your phone while using the built-in navigation, but they can also be dangerous if you try to use the phone while riding.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.Learn more