Best Motorcycle Tank Bags: More Storage for Your Bike
Great options for adding extra space and organization to your motorcycle
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 8, 2019
Finding extra storage on a motorcycle is always a challenge, especially when there is limited space for typical panniers. Tank bags are a great solution for carrying around small things in a space that normally is wasted. Take a look below at our top choices for bags for your bike's tank.
- Best OverallChase Harper 450M Magnetic Tank BagSummarySummaryThe type of bag to choose if you want a good deal of cargo space for small items in a protected area.ProsProsThe weather-resistant, tear-resistant design makes the bag suitable for long road trips. The interior offers a good deal of space and basic organization.ConsConsThere is no waterproof bag included with this tank bag, meaning water can still leak through into the inside of the bag in heavy storms.
- Best ValueLozom Motorcycle Gas Oil Fuel Tank BagSummarySummaryA bag to consider if you want visible access to your smart device and some extra storage underneath.ProsProsThe bag design keeps the phone within view without giving you direct, unsafe access to the device.ConsConsThe clear surface can appear a bit hazy above the phone. The interior space is somewhat small compared to other bags available.
- Honorable MentionOHMotor Motorcycle Tank BagSummarySummaryA high-quality motorcycle tank bag that offers plenty of space underneath a small, clear enclosure for phones and other smart devices.ProsProsOne of the larger bags available, the interior space maximizes the amount of storage and organization you can get on a motorcycle.ConsConsThe clear container for the phone can be difficult to see through, especially in direct sunlight or in wet conditions.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- Securing the bag to the tank is an absolute must. Make sure all buckles and straps are fastened tightly before use.
- Make sure you keep your eyes on the road with bags that display phone on top. These are designed for quick glances instead of hands-on use.
- Long and narrow bags tend to offer a better design for larger items like umbrellas.
Q. What is a motorcycle tank bag?
A. This is simply any bag that is designed to fit on top of the motorcycle's tank.
Q. Should I buy a bag with a smartphone pocket on top?
A. These bags do offer some convenience for quickly glancing at your phone while using the built-in navigation, but they can also be dangerous if you try to use the phone while riding.
For a good amount of space and a straightforward design, check out the Chase Harper 450M Magnetic Tank Bag as our top pick.
If you can sacrifice some space or want a dedicated smart device pocket, look at the Lozom Motorcycle Gas Oil Fuel Tank Bag instead.