How Do You Build The Perfect Porsche Cayman GT4?
Henry Catchpole Rates The Sharkwerks-Fettled GT4 "A Solid Twelve Out Of Ten"
- Test Drives
A few months ago when we drove the Sharkwerks Cayman GT4, we absolutely fell in love with it. The 'standard' off-the-showroom GT4 is pretty damn good as it stands, but the boys at Sharkwerks have worked their magic to turn up the volume a notch or two. With a little more power, a little louder exhaust, and a whole lot of transmission work, the GT4 is now as special as any previous Porsche GT. It's a corner carving dream that shows the reality of what Porsche's engineers probably really wanted to build. This is the car that should have showed up to dealerships. This is the GT4 that Porsche should have built.
As we've discussed before, the 'Sharkified' version of the GT4 has exhaust headers with high-flow catalysts but retains the stock muffler, breathes through an IPD plenum, and topped off with an EVOMS tune. Inside the gearbox lies a new stack of adjusted ratios, a lightweight flywheel, and a Guard Transmissions limited slip. The changes needed to really wake this car up are relatively minimal, as the suspension and interior are already about as close to perfect as any non-deity can achieve. They've made a great car fantastic, they've reworked the 'better' until it became 'best.
Don't just take our word for it, though, check out this video from Henry Catchpole, formerly of Evo Magazine now with DriveTribe. Henry has driven some of the most exciting cars in the world, and he agrees that Sharkwerks have turned out perfection. He starts the video wondering if the Cayman's "Perfect Ten" can be upped to an 11, but by the end he's proudly proclaiming this car a 12 out of 10. Whoever you want to listen to will shout that this car changes the game, it's getting praise from every single person to drive it. Sharkwerks has already built a dozen or so identical cars for customers, so if you have a 10/10 GT4 and you want it to be a 12/10 Sharky GT4, give them a call.
- RELATEDMake It A YT December, Project YTSHARK Is For SaleA decade-old Sharkwerks project resurfaces for sale, and it could be the bargain of the yearREAD NOW
- RELATEDSharkwerks Cayman GT4 Is Exactly How It Should BePorsche has built the GT4 to be near-perfect, but it's just a few marks shy of the moniker. Sharkwerks in northern California, however, has made a few tweaks that have amped this car up to be exactly what it always should have been.READ NOW
- RELATEDRide Along With This Sharkwerks Tuned GT3 RS!Sharkwerks has been turning out some pretty amazing cars basically since Porsche's watercooled era began. They're based in Northern California, and they've got a lot of really great cars under their belt. This 991 GT3 RS video just proves how great their cars sound!READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's Next 911 GT3, New Cayman GT4 RS May Use the Same 4.0-Liter EngineAin't no replacement for displacement.READ NOW
- RELATEDCayman GT4 Exhaust Note Pumped Up By FabspeedNow the sound matches the driving experience!READ NOW