Watch a Le Mans Champ Terrify Passengers In a Porsche Panamera Turbo S
The Panamera Turbo S is significantly faster than the average cars normally associated with ride-sharing programs.
When the Porsche Panamera first came out in 2010, it was a big leap for the brand. By now, though, people have become fairly familiar with the four-door Porsche. So it's occasionally necessary to remind them just what this giant sports car can do.
In the video below, you can see unsuspecting French ride-sharing customers gawk at a 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo S as Porsche factory driver Romain Dumas rolls over to pick them up. Expecting to be picked up in a more traditional car, the passengers are already surprised by the vehicle. Once in the vehicle, the Porsche Connect system with integrated Apple CarPlay warns the drivers of traffic ahead. Rather than being subjected to the crawling hell that is a traffic jam, Dumas opt for a “short cut.”
At this point in time, Dumas—a 24 Hours of Le Mans winner—pulls onto a racetrack and lets the 550-horsepower sedan rip. With a 0 to 60 mph time of just 3.4 seconds, the Panamera throws the riders into the back of their seats and leaves smiles on their faces (well, some of them).
According to Porsche, the 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 is extremely capable of reaching high speeds, with all-wheel-drive, an 8-speed automatic transmission, and Porsche Traction Management for ideal handling. You too can own a Porsche Panamera Turbo...if you're willing to shell out at least $154,000.
Be sure to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any tips or interesting stories involving the 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo S.
- RELATEDThese Athletes’ Car Pranks Are Professional GradeThe pros play hard, prank harder.READ NOW
- RELATEDArt Prankster Noah Purifoy Does a Serious Burnout at LACMAHow a fine-art rogue elevated his work—and one of his favorite mediums—to hero status.READ NOW
- RELATEDDiscussing The Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid From The Geneva Show FloorHear what Porsche executives have to say about the new hyper-sedan.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Mercedes-AMG GT Concept May Destroy the Porsche PanameraREAD NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Runs The New Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid At NardòPorsche drivers Lars Kern and Timo Bernhard are on hand to run the big power sedan through its pacesREAD NOW