Gordon Murray’s Collapsable Truck and the Dodge Durango Eyes SRT Power: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect piece of camping gear and a comfy Stio jacket.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Gordon Murray has engineered a truck that can be shipped flat on a pallet and assembled within 12 hours. Called “The Ox,” this simplistic truck is powered by a four-cylinder diesel engine and can carry two tons. In addition, the truck comes equipped with four wheel drive, a loading ramp, and plenty of other user friendly features. The truck could be a game-changer in developing countries.
The rumor mill is churning out some exciting news from FCA. According to reports, Dodge is considering dropping the famed 6.4-liter 475hp V-8 into the already loved Durango. This is the same engine found in the current Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. No word on a Hellcat variant... yet.
The new Bentley Flying Spur W12 S is the first four-door Bentley to blast past 200mph. Thanks to a 6-liter 626hp V-8, the sporty sedan has earned an official top speed of over 200mph and a 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds. Not to shabby for a car that prefers a chauffeur.
Want a lantern that doubles as a storage container? Gear company VSSL has invented a cylindrical lantern that has enough room in it to store essential gear.
You can now purchase wireless Apple earbuds (Airpods) that come with 24 hours of battery, the ability to make phone calls, and a charging case. They are $159, though.
Today’s beers pick takes us to Von Trapp Brewing Company in Stowe, Vermont. The Von Trapp Brewing Company is no small brewery. With a 50,000 barrel capacity, the brewery has done a fantastic job of growing in the six short years it has been around. Competing against plenty of heavy-hitting Vermont breweries, Von Trapp Brewing honors the family name.
What do you get when you blend your favorite flannel with a polyester microfleece backer? Easy answer: your new favorite jacket. The folks over at Stio just released their new Buckhorn Jacket and we couldn’t be more excited.
- RELATEDMercedes E-Class: Ditching Professor GadgetHands off the wheel, HAL, we've got this.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch North Korea Launch Three Ballistic Missiles From A HighwayKim Jong Un’s rapidly expanding missile capabilities are poking US defenses in the eye.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Bentley Flying Spur W12 S Blasts Through the 200 MPH BarrierIt's the first four-door Bentley to blow past the double-century mark.READ NOW
- RELATED9 New Original-Spec AC Cobras to Be BuiltShocker: They will not be cheap.READ NOW
- RELATEDNo Argument: The Nastiest Finish in NASCAR All YearIt happened at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in the Camping World truck series.READ NOW