$1 Million Porsche 911 Rs and an Insane Warranty From Genesis: The Evening Rush
Plus, another rad offroad trailer and adventure shorts from Ball & Buck.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
In ridiculous news, used Porsche 911 Rs are selling for almost $1 million. That is an insane 7x markup over the original MSRP of $186K. I guess 911 R owners can start singing all the way to the bank.
Looking for a BMW M5 that packs a little more power? Well, 50 of you are in luck with the special edition BMW M5 Pure Metal Silver Limited Edition. With 600hp (40 more than the normal M5 F10), the M5 drops its 0-to-60 time from 4.2 seconds to 3.9 seconds. If you are looking to acquire one of these high performance sedans, be prepared the shell out $130,900.
Hyundai really wants to get customers into their new Genesis line as made very clear by the impressive 5-year warranty and 3-year free maintenance package. The maintenance service includes remote diagnostics, roadside assistance and a flurry of other luxuries that are designed to further entice possible buyers. Smart play Hyundai, but will it really put butts in (leather) seats?
Offroad trailers have gained, well, traction over the last few years. The chaps over at Oregon Trailer have come out with an exploration oriented teardrop trailer that has a compact design for easy maneuverability through the backwoods of your choice.
Need a lantern and a cellphone charger at the same time? The UCO Arka is a 100 lumen lantern that has a built in USB charger so you can keep your trusty iPhone alive. That being said, try to just enjoy the outdoors and use the iPhone sparingly.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Thimble Island Brewing Company in Branford, Connecticut. Founded in 2010, this brewery has rapidly grown into the largest self-distributing brewery in CT. If you are around the Thimble Islands, we recommend you pick up a pint of Ghost Island IPA.
Active shorts are a huge part of every man’s summer attire. Breathable, lightweight, and quad-baring, they are the perfect solution to a hot summer day. Lucky for you, Ball & Buck has recently released some awesome lightweight nylon shorts that easily wick away water and keep you cool all day long.
- RELATEDThe Fascinating Anatomy of the Presidential MotorcadeGoing inside the safest and most dangerous place on the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Next Porsche 911 GT2 RS Tear Up The NürburgringAs ever, the Porsche 911 GT2 is mostly wing.READ NOW
- RELATEDWho Wants a $200,000 Porsche 911 Pursuit Vehicle Used by the Dutch Police?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch What Happens When a Bicycle Crossing Turns Into a Spontaneous Commando KidnappingMother Russia, you never fail to impress....READ NOW
- RELATEDToyo's Amazing Six-Wheeled, V-8 Recon Tank Makes Tires CoolLook at Toyo, putting the “rad” in radial.READ NOW