Mercedes-AMG Updates the E63 Wagon, Chevy Gifts the Camaro ZL1 a 10-Speed: The Evening Rush
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The automotive world loses a wagon or two every year, but fortunately, Mercedes-AMG is not conforming to trends. Spy shots of the new 603hp E63 S Wagon have leaked, with the model looking as sinister (and capacious) as ever. With massive brakes, quad exhaust and rear-biased AWD, we have a feeling a guy could really spoil a trunk of Costco pumpkin pies with aplomb.
California is home to a ton of hybrids and also... a lot of homemade fuel delivery trucks, or pickup trucks retrofitted with extra gas tanks in the bed. San Francisco Fire Department thinks it might present a problem and along with other California authorities is trying to crack down on this potentially flammable endeavor.
Chevy is stating the new, ten-speed transmission in their Camaro ZL1 shifts faster than Porsche’s phenomenal dual-clutch PDK transmission. We'll see.
Automotive art can either be incredibly tacky or beautiful. Luckily NOMO Design has created the latter with their Auto Icon Series. Each print has 28 traces of notable car grills over the years and is the perfect gift for any gearhead…or yourself.
If you are looking to relax under the spring/summer stars, get your hands on the new T-Mini Double Hammock by Tensile. Weighing in at just six pounds, this compact hammock can hold up to 485lbs (you and someone special).
Today’s beer pick takes us to Proclamation Ale Company in West Kingston, Rhode Island. Born just two years ago, this adventurous brewery has four unique beers on tap. We recommend you try Derivative: Galaxy, an American Pale Ale.
Although the weather may be getting warmer, the evenings are still cool. Rather than shivering the night away, get comfy with a striped sweatshirt sweater from J.Crew for 30% off. With nautical styling and a cozy cotton feel, you'll be a happy, happy sailor.
- RELATEDThe 10 Most Influential Car People in SportsThe Drive 50: Auto's players, owners and tastemakers in the world of sports.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe F-22 Raptor Fighter Jet Might Return to ProductionBut it would cost a nutty amount of cash to bring it back.READ NOW
- RELATEDLife in a Camper is a Constant Negotiation Between Consumption and ConservationCheck the boxes, eye the gauges, and always find a way to keep rolling.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: The Tunnel That Finally Connected England to EuropeFinally, you don't have to swim.READ NOW
- RELATEDOld Jaguar C-type Purchased for $900 Now Worth $5.8MYour daily reminder that great old racecars are well worth saving.READ NOW