Immaculate 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Restoration Packs 707-HP Dodge Hellcat Engine
This is one wild Woody.
Going by what it did to the Wagoneer nameplate in its second and third generations, Jeep could use some guidance on how to do the moniker justice when it returns in 2021. Yes, talk of a mild hybrid V6 and 5.7-liter V8 is nice, but Jeep knows what we really want. This Hellcat-swapped 1989 Grand Wagoneer built by the pros at Blk Mtn Jeep gives a hint, though it'd be hard to recreate such nostalgic style in a go-fast package.
Originally shipped with a 5.9-liter AMC V8 making a mere 144 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, this Wagoneer's 6.2-liter, supercharged Hellcat V8 offers nearly five times the original engine's horsepower output, and more than double its torque, with 645 pound-feet. These flow through a three-speed Chrysler automatic transmission and into the factory Jeep transfer case, which naturally distributes power to all four wheels.
Fitting the immense Hellcat crate engine to a Wagoneer reportedly required repurposing Grand Cherokee Trackhawk exhaust manifolds and installing a bespoke oil pan designed to fit around the Wagoneer's frame—plus custom mounts to keep everything in place. The results, as the video below should tell you, are comical.
- RELATEDLowrider Jeep Gladiator Might Be the Most Questionably Modified Truck of 2019What's worse is that it's built on a top-trim, limited-run Rubicon Launch Edition model.READ NOW
- RELATEDRelax With Fury in a Dodge Hellcat Reindeer Adult Onesie This Holiday SeasonWe can't think of anything better to wear while commuting from the dinner table to the couch.READ NOW
- RELATEDJudge Rules Mahindra Roxor Too Similar to Jeep, FCA Will Push for Stop-Sale Order in USLooks like a rough road ahead for the plucky Roxor.READ NOW
- RELATEDHellcat-Powered Dodge Durango SRT With Demon Hood Is Peak SUV for Speed FreaksThis family-hauler looks and sounds the part thanks to an aggressive stance, unique aesthetic touches, and over 700 horsepower.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis W-12 Engine-Swapped Volkswagen Van With 464 HP Can Shred a Race TrackAn innocent Audi A8 gave its life to create the beautiful 6.0-liter monster.READ NOW