Toyota Corolla Driver with Anti-Drunk Driving PSA on Roof Arrested for DUI
probably follow the roof's advice next time.
A California man brought the concept of ironic justice to unseen heights earlier this week when he was arrested for drunk driving in a car bearing a giant anti-drunk driving billboard on the roof.
The Oakland division of the California Highway Patrol triumphantly posted a photo of the too-perfect bust on their Twitter and Facebook pages, which shows a Toyota Corolla bathed in the soothing red-and-blue lights of a police cruiser. On the Corolla's roof sits one of those large billboards you see on taxis and rideshare vehicles—only instead of displaying an ad, it's carrying a public service announcement from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration about the dangers of drunk driving.
probably get a ride home," the sign reads, followed by "Buzzed driving is drunk driving" in angry red letters. Helpfully, the tweet also includes a screenshot of the dictionary definition of irony.
According to the CHP, the driver was spotted weaving across three lanes of I-80 near Berkeley at 4 a.m. on Sunday and promptly pulled over. A breathalyzer test revealed he was "way over" the legal limit of 0.08 percent. Thankfully, he was also alone in the car; the report doesn't say whether he worked for a major rideshare service like Lyft or Uber.
To keep you and your loved ones safe on the road, remember the signs of a drunk driver: Difficulty keeping their lane. Sudden, erratic movements. Oh, and an anti-drunk driving billboard on the roof.
Got a tip? Email the author: email@example.com
- RELATEDDrunk Mother Busted for Driving 150 MPH With Son in Car, Says She Was 'Teaching Him a Lesson'The police, however, didn't find that to be a good enough excuse.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Drunk Driver Crash and Fly Into the Sky While Attempting to Escape PoliceDespite the spectacular and failed getaway, the driver only lost his license for 15 days.READ NOW
- RELATEDSanta Monica Man Charged With DUI for Allegedly Riding Bird E-Scooter DrunkA 25 year old thought riding a Bird e-scooter around allegedly drunk was fair play, but quickly found out that doing so results in a standard DUI.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalifornia Police Use Helicopter, 5-Car Squad to Catch Kid Doing Donuts on Rural RoadIs this really the best use of resources?READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for DUI While Lemur and Wallaby Escape from Truck During Traffic StopTough times for former edutainment star Zoboomafoo as he's found on the run—in Florida, of course.READ NOW