Florida Man Arrested for Trying to Trade Weed for Fast Food at McDonald's Drive-Thru
Cops only caught the accused when his munchies got the better of him and got back in line at the same McDonald's.
Police in Port Saint Lucie, Florida arrested a man on suspicion of attempting to swap controlled substances for fast food.
According to a PSLPD report, a McDonald's manager in the Floridian town by the name of Ghassan Awad was working the drive-thru window in the early morning hours of Sunday, Dec. 16 when 23-year-old Anthony Gallagher rolled up to the window in his grey Pontiac sedan with a surfboard through the rear window. When Awad gave Gallagher the total for his order, Gallagher produced green from his pocket, but it wasn't cash—it was a bag of marijuana.
Awad declined the trade, and Gallagher pulled out of the drive-thru to park in the restaurant's parking lot. Awad then called 911, but by the time two officers dispatched at 1:45 a.m. reached the restaurant, Gallagher was gone. Police then parked up in an adjacent lot to watch in case Gallagher was to return and at 2:05 a.m., Awad returned to the police to inform them that the same grey Pontiac sedan with a surfboard poking out from the rear window was back in line at the drive-thru.
Police then initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle, and on approach reported smelling marijuana. Gallagher was asked for his driver's license, but Gallagher claimed he left his wallet at home. Officers searched Gallagher's person and found the aforementioned bag of marijuana, as well as signs of inebriation. Further search of his vehicle returned more marijuana, loose in the Pontiac's center console, and fast food strewn about the vehicle's floor. Chicken nuggets and fries were scattered in the passenger footwell, while moldy chicken wings were found in the back seat.
Gallagher was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and being in possession of fewer than 20 grams of marijuana. Bond for his release was set at $1,500.
- RELATEDYou Can Buy Your Very Own Dirt Oval Track in Florida for Just $799,000North Florida Speedway has all you'd ever want in a dirt track: a long history of racing, profitable operations and a for-sale ad just before Christmas.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for DUI While Lemur and Wallaby Escape from Truck During Traffic StopTough times for former edutainment star Zoboomafoo as he's found on the run—in Florida, of course.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrunk Florida Woman Crashes Into Airplane After Ramming Down Airport Security Fence With Her CarGrand Theft Auto: Vice City is more than 16 years old, but it seems some are still trying to play it in real life.READ NOW
- RELATEDMan's VW Golf GTI Seized for Speeding Home so His McDonald's Wouldn't Get Cold'It's safe to say the driver wasn't lovin' it,' said a police spokesperson.READ NOW
- RELATEDAngry Drive-Thru Customer Chokes McDonald's Employee Who Forgot KetchupThe ketchup aficionado got out of her car, entered through the back door, and proceeded to attack several employees.READ NOW