Lamborghini Avventura 2018 Gallery: Six Italian Supercars Tackle the Fjords of Norway
Six supercars tackle a 300 mile road trip in Norway's fairytale-like region in search of driving perfection.
For the past three years, Lamborghini has organized an exclusive tour called Lamborghini Avventura, a search to find the greatest driving routes on Earth. Last year, the supercar company headed to Romania to drive the famous Transfăgărășan, the year before that to Andalusia, Spain to explore the iconic Miura's origins. This year, Lamborghini picked Norway for its bucket list-worthy trip, as detailed in a press release Monday.
Avventura 2018 saw Lamborghini explore roughly 300 miles of roads along the fjords of Norway. Beginning in the town of Ålesund, the expensive convoy traveled to Trollstigen, known as the road of the Trolls for its deep connections to Norwegian myth. This short stretch of the Norwegian County Road 63 is Norway's Stelvio Pass, featuring 11 hairpin turns that ascend a 10-percent grade all the way to the mountain top.
From there, the herd of bulls drove through the valley of the strawberries (Valldal) and the picturesque Geirangersford. After stopping at Jostedalsbreen, the largest glacier in Europe, the group took a ferry ride from the village of Loen back to Mount Aksla, ending their journey on a peak overlooking the town where they started.
Six Lamborghinis participated in the quest this year, including two Huracán Performante coupes, an Aventador S, an Aventador S Roadster, a Huracán Spyder, and the all-new Huracán Performante Spyder. This was a much more colorful cast than last year's Transylvanian excursion, which was exclusively Huracán variants.
Unfortunately, Lamborghini doesn't say how the Norway trip stacks up to its other adventure drives, but the gallery below should give a pretty good idea of what Avventura 2018 was like. Where should the brand go next? Germany maybe?
Update: Added official video recap posted by Lamborghini.
- RELATEDThe 2018 Koenigsegg 'Ghost Squadron' Owners' Tour was Hypercar HeavenSixteen iconic Swedish hypercars on a road trip of Germany's best driving locations.READ NOW
- RELATEDFirst Customer McLaren Senna Takes 870-Mile Road Trip Right After DeliveryThat's one way to get the break-in period over with.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini's Polo Storico Organizes Espada and Islero 50th Anniversary Tour of ItalyLamborghini's early grand tourers are celebrating their 50th this year and all collectors are invited to their birthday bash.READ NOW
- RELATEDSupercar Camping in a Lamborghini Huracan Performante: 2 National Parks, 6 Days, and 1,000 MilesAll to answer one question: How stupid is it to camp out of a supercar?READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Mercedes-AMG S65 Cabriolet Review: The Mighty King of the Summertime Road TrippersAlmost any car is good for a long summer drive. But none do it better than this 12-cylinder masterpiece.READ NOW