A Trio of Dodge Demons Went Up in Flames While in Transit
Born from fire, dead by fire. This week we laid three Dodge Demons to rest.
The Dodge Demon may be closely assimilated with fire, but Dodge never anticipated this close a relationship. Unfortunately, three low VIN Dodge Demons caught on fire when they were being transported by Reliable Carriers to there respective owners.
Initial rumors and reports from an alleged Reliable Carriers employee indicated that one of the Demons caught on fire randomly, causing the large blaze, but Reliable Carriers released a statement indicating that the alleged employee was in fact not on the books nor had he ever been.
According to a post on Hellcat.org Forum (authenticity still in question), Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis reached out to one of the owners informing him of the unfortunate incident. He also ensured the owner nothing was wrong with the Demon and that the three destroyed vehicles will be rebuilt expeditiously with lower VIP numbers. Now each owner can say their original Demons were sent back to hell or some corny line like that after saying, "ya know, its a funny story..."
After doing a little napkin math, we are estimating this story will be told by the three owners a total of 1,200 times (conservative number). If each owner attends 20 car events a year for 20 years, we have 1,200 stories. That being said, we could be totally wrong and each of them could sit in a temperature controlled room for the rest of their life.
Reliable Carrier's Public Relations reached out to The Drive with the following statement.
"In relation to the recent fire that happened in a Reliable Carriers Inc. Trailer and burned 3 Dodge Demons. This incident is still under a forensic investigation by a fire investigator team in the state of Michigan. There were 3 Dodge Demons inside a trailer that sustained damage from a fire including heavy damage to one of our “Fully Enclosed” Trailers, along with damage to the Tractor.
Reliable Carriers “HAS NOT” released any information or any kind of reason saying the fire was caused by one of our trailers or the Dodge Demons. We have no information as to what caused the fire. The images being passed around on the internet have been shared without permission from Reliable Carriers Inc., and from the Fire investigators.
Reliable Carriers is very thankful no one was hurt during the incident and would like to thank all the ones involved getting the fire suppressed as quickly as they did eliminating any further damage to the vehicles or the tractor trailer."
- RELATEDRats Cause Car Fire in NYC, Tony Hawk Swoops In To Record ItYou know you're in New York City when the crowd watching your VW burn includes a celebrity.READ NOW
- RELATEDSweden’s In the Throes of a Bizarre Car Fire EpidemicOfficials, citizens, and members of the media are all puzzled.READ NOW
- RELATEDSpeedKore Bringing Carbon Fiber-Bodied Dodge Demon to SEMAThe Demon doesn't need more power. More lightness, on the other hand...READ NOW
- RELATEDLooks Like These Guys Have Built Themselves a Dodge Charger DemonBecause 800-plus horsepower is more fun with seating for five.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Demon Isn't Different Enough to be Car of the YearDetroit falls short and won't be receiving an award for any cars in 2017.READ NOW