Bollinger Motors Releases First Image of Four-Door, All-Electric SUV
Beauty or beast? We'll let you decide.
Bollinger Motors has yet to officially sell a two-door B1 all electric SUT to a consumer yet, but that hasn't slowed them down from working on a four-door variant. The small electric vehicle manufacturer based in Hobart, New York has done a fantastic job of making a rugged, simplistic, and capable offroad electric vehicle. Looking like a crude version of the Land Rover Defender 90 (don't take that as an insult), the Bollinger B1 definitely grabbed our attention.
However, CEO and designer Robert Bollinger and co-designed Ross Compton decided a four-door option was needed. So they extended the overall length to 159 inches and the wheelbase to 114 inches. The overall body length was only changed by 9 inches yet the vehicle received a lot more room, resulting in a total of 101 cubic feet of cargo space.
Those are far from the most impressive stats on the truck, the four-door version of the Bollinger B1 rocks a 15.5 inch ground clearance, 56 degree approach angle, and a 53 degree departure angle. Couple that with a 60 Kwh or 100 Kwh battery and you are ready to do some serious offroading. Total power output translates to 360 horsepower and 472 lb-ft of torque and the 0-60 mph time of the B1 two-door is only 4.5 second and tops out at 127 mph. Depending on the battery the customer selects, the B1's range is between 120 miles and 200 miles.
- RELATEDJaguar E-Type Zero Is an All-Electric Version of the Brand's Most Iconic Sports CarThis EV is quicker and quieter than the original E-Type and every bit as charming.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla's Electric Semi Could Trigger a Commercial Trucking War, Wall Street Analyst SaysMorgan Stanley expects Tesla to begin taking deposits on the truck right after its unveiling.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's Why Toyota Hasn't Made a Good Electric Car—YetThey're just conservative car makers.READ NOW
- RELATEDBollinger Motors Reveals Its Electric Truck's Minimalist InteriorThe burgeoning company has offered up a glimpse of the interior of its EV, which will debut this summer.READ NOW
- RELATEDBollinger Motors Reveals Chassis for Electric Off-Road TruckBollinger Motors claims its electric truck will have serious off-road capability.READ NOW