Drunk Canadian Man Arrested for Driving Lawn Tractor on Late Night Cigarette Run
When you need your smokes, you need your smokes.
Look, we've all been there. You're pretty hammered, too drunk to drive, and yet suddenly there's an urgent errand to run. Maybe it's for more beer, or a late night taco—or in the case of today's subject, some cigarettes. What are your options?
Before you answer, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police would like to remind you that a riding lawnmower is not one of them. According to an RCMP Facebook post, officers were patrolling early Saturday morning in the small town of Headingley outside of Winnepeg, Canada, when they noticed a curious sight: A man and a woman tootling down the road on a John Deere riding lawn mower, headed straight for the Trans-Canada Highway. (Sadly, the report doesn't note how the two of them were sharing the single seat.)
Officers stopped the dynamic duo, and the man reportedly explained that they had been drinking and needed to go to a nearby gas station for a pack of smokes. He reportedly added that he felt he made a "responsible" decision in choosing his lawn mower instead of driving a car in his inebriated state.
Unfortunately, Canadian law states that it's illegal to operate any motor vehicle, no matter how small, while under the influence. Plus, you can't drive a riding mower on the street no matter what your BAC is. RCMP Officers arrested the man for "impaired operation by alcohol," and he now has a court date next month. Hopefully he'll get a more traditional ride to the courthouse.
- RELATEDCops Catch Man Driving Lawnmower on Houston Highway Ahead of Super BowlA true staple of bizarre behavior is someone operating a lawnmower on the street. Fortunately, Houston was recently blessed with this occurrence.READ NOW
- RELATEDNaked Drunk Man Arrested for Driving 105 MPH Through Construction ZoneOfficers found the man with open containers and without any clothes on.READ NOW
- RELATEDAllegedly Drunk Teenager Crashes Ferrari into Horse FarmPoints for irony.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrunken New Zealand Man Charged For Driving Picnic Table While IntoxicatedThat's a first.READ NOW
- RELATEDOhio Judge Ordering People Facing Drunk Driving Charges to Install Uber or Lyft"It’s far cheaper than paying the thousands of dollars you’d have to pay for another [DUI]," said Judge Michael Cicconetti.READ NOW