Jeep Dealer Meeting Reveals A Lot About 2018 Wrangler
From Power Sliding Hard Tops to electronic start-stop, this meeting tells all.
Alright, so we are starting to know a little more about the 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL/JLU). According to well trusted JL Wrangler Forums, several select dealers met to discuss the 2018 model year with Jeep and certain vital information was revealed.
Most importantly, production versions of the highly anticipated 2018 Jeep Wrangler will start hitting dealership floors in mid to late December 2017. Going beyond production dates, there were several other interesting tidbits from the dealer meeting. According to JL Wrangler Forums, the Wrangler will come with three engine options, two to start. The first will be an updated version of the the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 that currently makes 285 horsepower. The next engine will be the anticipated 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder nicknamed the Hurricane. This particular engine is rumored to make somewhere in the 300 horsepower range. Finally, we have the high-anticipated 3.0-liter diesel V6. Although this engine is pending EPA approval, we are have our fingers crossed as regarding its production in late 2018.
Moving away from the engine bay, the 2018 Jeep Wrangler has a few more tricks up its sleeve and the most notable may be the PSHT or Power Sliding Hard Top for you normies. The Drive made note of the PSHT in previous posts after JL Wrangler Forums posted information on the matter. Now the option has been confirmed and customers can expect to see it in their Wrangler by the end of 2018.
Another feature worth mentioning is the push-to-start and electronic start-stop functions currently found in the Cherokee and Renegade and quickly transferring over to the new Wrangler. Hopefully this will improve the lackluster mpg of 16 city, 21 highway currently advertised on the Jeep Wrangler. However, and progress made in mpg may be lost with the reported 33 inch tires found on the new Rubicon.
- RELATEDGenius YouTuber Adds Pressurized Water Tank To His Jeep WranglerThis seems like a welcomed addition to any offroader's rig.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Sheriff Organizes Jeep Wrangler Volunteer Squad for Search-and-Rescue MissionsThere are a lot of places a patrol car just can't go...and that's where these guys come in.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 2JZ-Swapped Jeep Wrangler on Craigslist Is Unholy in the Best WayIt's the "only one in existence," according to the seller.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Wrangler Theft Ring Busted in San DiegoThe Hooligan motorcycle gang is allegedly responsible for more than 150 thefts since 2014.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Generation Jeep Wrangler Could Offer 6 Engine OptionsIncluding two diesel choices.READ NOW