Ford Debuts 375-HP Pursuit-Rated F-150 Police Responder
A cop truck with serious firepower under the hood.
Ford has been very successful with its pursuit-rated lineup, from the Crown Victoria (RIP) to the Interceptor and Interceptor Utility. Ford has now expanded its pursuit capabilities to the number one selling vehicle in America, the F-150.
According to the manufacturer, the 2018 Ford F-150 Police Responder is a fleet version of the Ford F-150 FX4 designed to withstand the treacherous conditions associated with police work. The new F-150 will have upgraded brake calipers and pads, upgraded front stabilizer bar, steel wheels, skid plates and plenty of other goodies to happily take a constant beating.
Perhaps one of the more telling pieces of information is that Ford has opted to use the 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 coupled with the 10-speed automatic transmission. This shows Ford has a lot of faith in this powertrain and feels it is optimal for the demands of police work. That also means officers will be getting 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque capable of launching their gutted truck to 60 mph in under six seconds. So don't assume just because Johnny Law is in a truck that you are going to dust them.
The interior of the F-150 will utilize vinyl seating, center console delete, column shifter and other first responder friendly modifications. To keep up with increased electrical draw from K-9 AC units, lighting, winches, sirens, etc, Ford has installed a 240-amp alternator.
- RELATEDThe Ford F-150 Is Loved by All—Including 'The Rock' and John MayerAmerica's number one selling vehicle is truly loved by all.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord F-150 Raptor Crashes Into Pool With Lady Still InsideLuckily, the lady survived the terrifying ordeal.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4×4 Finds a Sweet SpotFord's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 finally meets a 10-speed transmission.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Ford F-150 Will Make More Power, Get Better Gas MileageFord announces higher engine outputs for many of the 2018 F-150's engines.READ NOW
- RELATEDThese Are the Ford F-250 Super Duty's Best FeaturesYou might want to keep these in mind when you purchase your next truck.READ NOW