Ford Announces Gas Mileage Ratings for 2018 Ford F-150
If you didn't see which model we were talking about, you might guess these were for a sedan.
Ever since Ford announced it would offer the 10-speed automatic transmission in every engine configuration for the redesigned 2018 Ford F-150, we have been champing at the bit to hear more. When we at The Drive reviewed the 2018 Ford F-150 4x4 with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 and 10-speed automatic transmission not long ago, we were getting approximately 24 miles per gallon on the highway and 19 mpg in the city—well above the rated 17 mpg city and 22 mpg highway it was rated at. Now, Ford has released updated fuel economy ratings for all the new engine and transmission pairings.
The most notable new F-150 from a fuel economy standpoint is the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 configuration. When combined with the 10-speed automatic transmission (y'know, then only available combination in 2018), the truck is rated at 19 mpg city and 24 mpg highway with four-wheel-drive, and 20/26 mpg with two-wheel-drive. If the truck follows the same trend as the Ford F-150 we reviewed, it wouldn't be outlandish to estimate a driver could hit 25 mpg on the highway. Whatever the real-world numbers turn out to be, getting nearly 20 mpg in the city with 325 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque is something of a blessing. (Not to mention, the truck also does a sub-six seconds 0-60 mile-per-hour run.)
As stated in previous posts, we can expect to see the 3.0-liter diesel engine grace us later on in the model year. However, now that we know the current mpg ratings, it seems safe to assume the diesel's highway rating will be sitting in the 28–30 mpg range.
In the meantime, check out the EPA ratings for every 2018 F-150 in the chart below.
- RELATEDWatch a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor's Suspension Get an Off-Road WorkoutIt's like sticking your head into the moving Raptor's wheel well.READ NOW
- RELATEDF-22 Fighter Jet-Inspired, 545-Horsepower Ford F-150 Raptor Sells for $300,000It's not capable of Mach 2, but you can still take flight in Ford's factory pre-runner.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Tony Stewart Drift His Ford F-150 RaptorABS: Always be sideways.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford F-150 Is Loved by All—Including 'The Rock' and John MayerAmerica's number one selling vehicle is truly loved by all.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord F-150 Raptor Crashes Into Pool With Lady Still InsideLuckily, the lady survived the terrifying ordeal.READ NOW