Twin-Turbocharged V8 Lexus LS F May Head to Tokyo Motor Show
Leaked pictures show that Lexus may have a new flagship performance car ready for unveiling.
Lexus has big plans for the Tokyo Motor Show, as it's set to debut enhanced versions of most of its best-selling cars. The company has a rich history with the Japanese auto show, having debuted high-performance flagships like the RC F and LFA there in previous years.
While the LC500 might be filling the GT Coupe niche, Lexus apparently isn't stopping there. According to Lexus Enthusiast, there's a new high-performance version of the full-sized luxury LS on the way, which will act as Lexus' new halo car.
Lexus Enthusiast found a page in an obscure Japanese car magazine that displayed a few pictures of the car, dubbed the LS F. With its familiar aggressive look that denotes the current Lexus design language and teardrop-shaped "F" logos running down the flanks of the car, this is definitely a promising concept. Remember, the Lexus RC F was leaked the same way back in 2014, so any speculation about the new car may not be far off.
Since the new LS is the first generation to get a 6- instead of an 8-cylinder engine, it's very possible that the LS F will be powered by the 4.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 that's going into the LC 500. Lexus appears to be competing with uber-powerful German luxury sedans like the S63 AMG, so it's a good bet that the TT V8 will make at least 600 horsepower.
The Tokyo Motor Show starts on Oct. 27 so we'll have to wait a whole month for the actual (potential) reveal, but expect more information about the LS F to leak in the coming weeks.
- RELATEDExpect a Facelift, Plus More Power from a New Lexus RC F, Report SaysAutocar says it spotted what could be a new-and-improved version of the highly-criticized vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATED12 Brand-New Lexus LFAs Are Sitting Around AmericaThere are apparently still 12 examples classified as dealer inventory. Good luck finding one.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is the 2018 Lexus LS 500 F SportHaving debuted the LS 500 and LS 500h earlier this year, Lexus has now unleashed the F Sport version of it's flagship sedan.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Lexus LS 500h Debuts at Geneva Motor ShowHopefully the price of this massive luxury sedan won't be more than the outgoing LS 600h's MSRP of $120,000.READ NOW
- RELATEDFive Tokyo Motor Show Cars That Will Actually Get BuiltDon’t look now, but the future is (almost) here.READ NOW