California Police Department Receives a 730-HP Saleen Mustang
Steve Saleen is convinced Riverside Police's Mustang is one of the fastest police vehicles ever built.
Thanks to the help of various local businesses in Riverside County, California, the Riverside Police have taken delivery of a monstrous Saleen Ford Mustang as a Police Officer's Association Memorial Vehicle. The heavily modified Mustang was a flicker of an idea back in early 2016, and eventually came to life with the help of Steve Saleen himself and various other businesses.
Steve Saleen approached Riverside Police stating that he would like to help build a LODD (Line of Duty Death) memorial vehicle for the department. The RPOA thought it was a great idea, and the project was underway. The donor car was a base 5.0-liter V8 Ford Mustang from Fritts Ford of Riverside. The car then went to Saleen Automotive, where it was prepped for a life as a S302 Saleen Mustang police car. The staff at Saleen donated their time designing and building this one-of-a-kind Mustang, as it was for a good cause.
The end result? The Saleen S302 you see below packs a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 making 730 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque.
However, Riverside Police didn't stop with just a fast car. They also had the vehicle striped with police decals, as well as outfitted with emergency lights. All the light work was done by West Coast Lights and Sirens, and the parts were donated by Federal Signal.
The car has already proven itself a big hit among Mustang fans and supporters of the law enforcement community. According to Steve Saleen, "This is one of the fastest police vehicles ever built. It is one of the most exciting projects Saleen Automotive has been involved in. If you are attempting to elude the police in the Riverside Department's jurisdiction, beware; your chances of getting away are quite slim."
Sadly, the Saleen Mustang will most likely not be used for regular patrol.
- RELATEDFor Sale: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 for $429,900The classic muscle market continues to rise.READ NOW
- RELATEDSaleen Building Seven New S7s and Jeep’s New Crossover Captured Undisguised: The Evening RushPlus, GoPro builds its own drone and Royal Palms is the perfect way to end the day.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Saleen S7 Supercar Returns, Now Packing 1,000 HorsepowerIn case you're still clamoring for an exotic car that debuted 16 years ago.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Focus RS Versus Shelby GT350 Mustang Drag Race Almost Too Close to CallThe Focus RS managed to hold the GT350 off at the line, but it couldn't quite keep that up all the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Dozens of Supercars Peel Out at Goodwood Until Police Show UpSpare a few minutes to admire a bunch of beautiful supercars?READ NOW