Mercedes-Benz Outsells BMW in 2016 and Wranglers May Get A Hybrid Powertrain: The Evening Rush
Plus, Duke Cannon soaps to keep you from stinking everything up.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
According to Autoblog and their interview with Jeep’s global chief Mike Manley, Jeep may be considering a hybrid powertrain for the 2018 Wrangler. A hybrid variant would allow for more low-end torque, perfect for offroading. You can also expect to see a turbocharged four-cylinder and diesel powertrain.
Mercedes-Benz outsold BMW in 2016 for the first time since 2005. After having a dynamite 12 months, Mercedes-Benz sold 2,083,888 million cars, just inching out BMW who sold 2,003,359 cars.
Lyft continues to lose money. According to reports, Lyft lost $600 million last year and had a revenue of $700 million. The majority of loss is due to driver bonuses and rider discounts that were done to further promote the ride-hailing company. Still, Lyft expects to turn profits by 2018.
Duke Cannon is a brand that cares about your general hygiene and not much else. Branding themselves as a rough and tumble men’s products company, Duke Cannon has done a great job at catering to the outdoorsmen. The heavy duty soap on a rope poach acts as a scrubber to get caked dirt and grime off you after a long day’s work.
A quality lifting belt can last a lifetime and prevent tons of injury. Rather than leaving yourself prone to injury with poor posture or form, invest in a Rogue Ohio Lifting Belt and perfect your squats, deadlifts and bent-over barbell rows. Just remember, you shouldn't go to a heavier weight just because you put on a belt.
Remember, you don’t need to stay at a swanky resort to have a nice time on the ski mountain. Airbnb has plenty of nice alternatives that you and your friends can take advantage of during the ski season. I took the liberty of looking at Stratton, VT houses and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Filson currently has their Lined Short Cruisers on sale. This pliable, water-resistant jacket is lined for increased warmth but not so heavy that you have to take it off mid-chore. Made of a cotton/nylon blend and double-stitched on all seems, the Lined Short Cruiser is well worth your money.
- RELATEDLyft Continues To Bleed MoneyBut the company says profits will come by 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Kickass Machines of the NYPDThe country's largest police department has 9,000 vehicles—including some really awesome toys.READ NOW
- RELATEDFedEx Driver Navigates Icy California Highway With StyleEven CHP can't believe the driver pulled off this move.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Way Boeing Transports Oversized LoadsA carefully choreographed dance across Washington State highways.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Short Clip of the New BMW 5-SeriesNAIAS 2017 played host to the next Bavarian luxo.READ NOW