Watch Construction Workers Cling to the Hood Of a Tool Thief's Buick Before Ramming It Off the Road
One worker jumps on the hood of the thief's car as he flies down the street.
The life of a construction worker involves long hours of back-breaking work—while often paying for your own tools. Most construction workers have thousands of dollars worth of tools in their everyday arsenal. Why do we bring this up? Because it helps put the decision by a group of contractors to risk life and limb chasing down a tool thief into perspective.
In the video below, you can see CCTV video from a house across the street from a construction site. Suddenly, a mid-2000s Buick rolls into frame and a man suspiciously scopes out the construction site. The man exits the vehicle and sprints towards a tool on the site; once the construction workers realize what is going on, four of them spring into action and pursue the suspect. One of the construction workers even jumps on top of the Buick’s hood in an attempt to stop the vehicle.
Instead of surrendering to the group of angry workers, the suspect throws his Buick into reverse and speeds down the road with the man still on the hood. One worker hops in his Ram 1500 and gives chase. All goes quite for a bit...then, in the last 10 seconds of the video, the Buick speeds back into frame (with the construction worker still on the hood), and is eventually rammed off the road by the Ram 1500.
Obviously the thief is a scumbag who is stealing from hardworking men—but he wasn’t the only one making bad decisions. We completely understand these workers were pissed someone was stealing the tools they use to make a living, but no tool is worth someone’s life. We assume the construction worker who jumped on the hood did so in an adrenaline-fueled rage, but it was definitely not the brightest move.
At least the construction worker on the hood was wearing an ANSI safety vest. OSHA would be very pleased with his workplace safety.
- RELATEDWorking Construction Teaches You a Lot About LifeRevisiting some hard lessons.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out These Photos from the Construction of the World’s Longest Train TunnelBuilding 35 miles of tunnel beneath the Swiss Alps isn't easy, but it sure looks cool.READ NOW
- RELATEDGMC's Sierra 2500HD Denali is the Ultimate Luxury Snowplow RigCouple that with a Western MVP 3 V-Blade plow and you can become a snowstorm juggernaut.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel: 7 Things to KnowGMC's biggest truck gains a bigger engine for 2017—but it's the overall package that impresses.READ NOW
- RELATEDHauling Nearly Two Tons In a Plush Ford F-250 PickupWhile getting a seat massage and toasting my hands on a leather-wrapped steering wheel.READ NOW