Watch This Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Drag Race a Hemi-Powered Hot Rod
Spoiler alert, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT blows the hot rod out of the water.
In light of the recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk debut, people are tending to forget about the still-relevant Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Equipped with the same 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 found in the Dodge Challenger and Charger Scat Packs, the Grand Cherokee SRT still packs quite a punch. Four hundred and seventy-five horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque distributed among all four wheels via an eight-speed transmission has proven to be beneficial for the popular SUV.
At one point the fastest SUV on the market, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is able to shoot to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds and still carry the whole family to the beach, or wherever. Rather than just showing another video of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT barreling down the drag strip alone, Jeep UK opted to pit the SRT against a classic Hemi-powered Hot Rod. According to Jeep UK, the hot rod makes 304 horsepower and has a 0-60 mph time of 6.0 seconds. Obviously, the Hot Rod will lose to the Grand Cherokee SRT but the video provides a cool visual while still showing off the SRT's performance.
The video shows UK drag racing Champion Stuart Doignie piloting the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and Drag Specialist Kelbin Dunn at the helm of the hot rod. Doignie activates the Grand Cherokee SRT's launch control before the light turns green and both cars fly off the line, the SRT quickly pulls ahead due to its AWD and extra ponies while the hot rod holds its own but fails to keep pace. Eventually both vehicles cross the line. The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT comes across at 13.3 seconds at 103 mph while the Hot Rod lands 14.2 seconds at 95 mph.
- RELATEDJeep Grand Cherokee Crashes at Auction, Killing 3 and Injuring 9An auction employee in his 70s apparently drove the Jeep into at least a dozen people before putting it through a wall.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge May Be Making A Widebody Challenger SRT Hellcat After AllThe real question is, will it be all-wheel-drive?READ NOW
- RELATEDFrench Automotive Artist Builds A Hot Rod Porsche 964, Is It Really That Bad?We find a few things to appreciate in an otherwise widely disliked custom PorscheREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT is in A Lane of Its OwnThe SUV equivalent of the American muscle car.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker Isn't Here to Make Friendshttps://dog-gear.com/can-dogs-eat-plums/But that doesn't mean it won't make you very, very happy.READ NOW