Forza Horizon 2 Is Leaving Xbox's Digital Marketplace in September
It's free to download for Gold Xbox Live members until the end of the month.
Almost four years after its initial release, Forza Horizon 2's online shelf life is coming to an end. In a blog post, Forza community manager Brian Ekberg announced that on September 30, the open-world racing game and all of its associated downloadable content will be removed from Xbox's digital marketplace, no longer available for purchase. Those looking to acquire Microsoft's 2014 racer beyond September will have to look for a physical, disc-based copy.
Incidentally, Horizon 2 is currently free to download for Xbox Live Gold members until the end of August so if you're an avid Xbox gamer, you really have no excuse for missing out.
FH2 took players to a sunny, southern Europe rendition of the series' fictional "Horizon" music-festival-cum-Gumball-rally, is the only game in the series to be released on both Xbox One and Xbox 360, and was also the first Forza game to feature changing weather. Its sequel's sequel, Forza Horizon 4, is set to come out October 2, 2018, will be set in Britain, and feature a dynamic gameplay environment that shifts through all four seasons.
While the mainline Forza Motorsport series focuses on track-based automotive competition, the Horizon spinoff games takes the same cars and a modified, more casual physics engine and plops it into an exotic open-world for players to explore and race around in. The best way to describe it? Top Gear, er, I mean The Grand Tour's road trips and challenges converted into video game form.
- RELATEDXbox One X Review: This 4K Powerhouse Is the Closest You’ll Get to Lifelike Racing on a ConsoleEver want to race a Lamborghini around the streets of Rio? A Bugatti in the Swiss Alps? Here’s your chance.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift Car Pack Comes to Forza Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4The pack will be available to anyone who pre-orders Forza Horizon 4.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza Horizon 4 Will Be Set in Britain and Drop October 2, 2018Dynamic seasons, a shared online world, and the McLaren Senna headline this year's Forza game.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Bugatti Chiron Comes to Forza Motorsport 7Also available is the console debut of the Kia Stinger.READ NOW
- RELATEDSee What It Takes to Get the Forza Ute to SEMAFrom video game to real life, see the time crunch Hoonigan goes through to get their Ute to SEMA.READ NOW